What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

1619697841743.png

Thank you for the tip. I’ve seen this lately and wondered if I should pull the trigger. Between this, Aramis and PS, what would you recommend?

4/28 - English Laundry Riviera
4/29 - English Laundry Arrogant

That would depend on your personal tastes. If you like your traditional Fougere or Woody Chypre type fragrances, either one of those mentioned will do. Aramis is Legendary and although it does not hold the same power from yesteryear, it still delivers pure masculinity in a bottle with decent longevity.

Paul Sebastian Fine is arguably the pinnacle of what a Chypre floral & powdery scent for a man should be. Nearly 42 years young but, it still has a strong following, cult like. Today it’s a shadow of its former self. Still, a man should have a bottle just to give one a throwback of what it was like back then. An acquired taste in today’s fragrance game but, for nostalgic purposes it’s tough to beat.

Boss Number One by Hugo Boss is the more modern take of the 3 imo, in that I can get both Chypre & Fougere type notes in this juice. It actually does not feel dated (to my nose at least) and has a bit of both of yesterday’s fragrance creation with today’s modern infusion of fragrance creation. It is nothing like the ambroxan induced with iso e-super bombs produced today and sold like hot cakes to the scent numbness of the consumer masses. It has enough freshness & clean notes without going via the sweet route of aquatics, citruses and marine notes. Number One does it via woods, floral and quality spices that give a natural freshness to the overall composition.

It’s your nose and your tastes so, go with what you like. Personally, I like the Boss scent a bit more than the other two because it gives me more of the Barbershop vibe when I want to go that route....

Good luck and happy scent sniffing.... :thumbup1:

Think Dior Homme Cologne (the bottle design even hints at it) only sweeter citrus and a slightly sweet clean musky scent on the dry down. Not to bad actually for a celebrity scent. Great for office, casual or t-shirt & shorts wear. 4-5 hours of longevity. Very inexpensive juice that smells good...

ADAA6525-F3A0-4103-818A-4541737CCCDE.jpeg

Top Bottom