What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

My guess is the sample you had was fine.

Based on comments from a thread on Basenotes, there is a relatively small segment of folks that appear very sensitive to the indolic aspect of the jasmine used in the composition, and you appear to be one who has that indolic sensitivity. I am not very much into indoles myself, but luckily only get a slight indolic aspect, which for me is the perfect amount. Folks like yourself that instead smell indoles to the extreme near unanimously dislike the perfume (and I can easily see why, because if I smelled what you do, I would too). Too bad sensitivity to the indoles obscures the unbelievable subtle nuances to this reference jasmine soliflore, as the perfume is one of the two best I have ever sniffed outright (out of thousands).
Roger all. Too bad for me. I really do like the smell of the jasmine flower; wish this one worked for me. BTW, I do appreciate Rogue and have sampled most, if not all of them; however, none have swayed me enough to purchase a full bottle, but if I were to, I'd probably pick, believe it or not, Tabac Vert, which I believe is one that didn't particularly "wow" you. :cool:

English Leather Spiced--very similar to the drydown of Shulton Old Spice with more powder and less vanilla. Very nice. How this fragrance didn't last long in the marketplace puzzles me. Can be had from both Amazon and Ebay

Last edited:
Roger all. Too bad for me. I really do like the smell of the jasmine flower; wish this one worked for me. BTW, I do appreciate Rogue and have sampled most, if not all of them; however, none have swayed me enough to purchase a full bottle, but if I were to, I'd probably pick, believe it or not, Tabac Vert, which I believe is one that didn't particularly "wow" you. :cool:
True, it didn’t, but I did *like* it... Now if you would have said 40 Rogue... that is when I give up on you. ;-).

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Farina Cuir de Russie

1601674940683.png

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
CBE5EC24-C4F6-4B97-BEB0-402565676728.jpeg
D’AMARIS Hypoallergenic Aftershave Balm followed by D’AMARIS The Original Aftershave Lotion.

Top Bottom