What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EdP

proxy.php

Brooks Brothers New York--Picked up cheap at TJ Maxx. I really like it. Seems classic. A chypre, I suppose. Lots of citrus in the top, some carnation and iris in the middle, over a woody, vetiver, musky base. Well-blanaced. What is not to like. Clean, masculine. Some say like Eau Savage. Some say smells synthetic. It does not seem an more synthetic than any quality scent these days, to me. Great office scent, but not limited to that.

Saw a couple bottles at Marshalls. Went back and forth on picking it up. I'll have to now, it sounds good. How does your bottle look? I've seen two different bottle designs online. Was it reformulated or something?

Saw a couple bottles at Marshalls. Went back and forth on picking it up. I'll have to now, it sounds good. How does your bottle look? I've seen two different bottle designs online. Was it reformulated or something?

Good questions. You have put some thought into this one! It is in the rather plain, smooth-sided rectangular bottle, with an all metal all gold cap and not the much cooler and classier looking cube shaped bottle with the diamond pattern in the surface of the bottle itself, with the gold colored BB symbols within the diamonds, and the mutliple materials cap. As to reformulation, I would not really know and that is something to always be suspicious of, but someone on line had both an older cube bottled version and this latter day plainer bottle version, and compared them one on one wrist and one on the other, and could detect any difference. In any event, it does not smell cheap to me, but I could be wrong.

I have no idea what it retailed for when first released.

It is not the bargain that the AOS scents are in comparison to current list prices. The AOS scents are still for sale by AOS for $100 or higher for 100 ml. I think you can buy New York direct from BB right now for $35. I have something of an impression that it was discontinued and then brought back in the current form, perhaps for a short time only. I am not sure.

How does the Stetson Rich Suede compare to Original Stetson?
They aren't similar at all. While the Original Stetson is floral, honey-sweet, spicy, woody and powdery, the Rich Suede is leathery, balsamic, resinous woods and some muskiness on drydown. Some of the more prominent notes of Rich Suede are sage, cypress, leather, myhrr, cedar and musk. The stuff is rather stout for an hour or so, but fades away after a few hours. I would describe it as a chypre scent, and thrives in colder weather. Worth a try if you like that sort of thing.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
They aren't similar at all. While the Original Stetson is floral, honey-sweet, spicy, woody and powdery, the Rich Suede is leathery, balsamic, resinous woods and some muskiness on drydown. Some of the more prominent notes of Rich Suede are sage, cypress, leather, myhrr, cedar and musk. The stuff is rather stout for an hour or so, but fades after a few hours. I would describe it as a chypre scent, and thrives in colder weather. Worth a try if you like that sort of thing.

Thank you very much. :)

I have no idea what it retailed for when first released.
I found a discount scents site that had an out of stock listing for the BB New York at $75 with a list price of $105, square bottle. Probably a very old listing. So I assume this scent used to sell at BB for $105 for 100 ml.

Top Bottom