What's new

Fragrance Samples Discussion Thread

Its been awhile since I posted. Mostly because I have not gotten much reaction from anyone other than the few of us that participate often. I figured I would add a new review and see how it goes. So here we go

Today
I have had a near full bottle of this scent sitting around for awhile. I got a partial in a swap and I was waiting for the fall. Its cooler out today and hey why not. I mean, I have been forgetting all about temperature appropriate scents and just going with what I like. 90f and Interlude? why not.

So I put out the bottle last night and went for it this morning after a nice shave with a Slant, La Toja Sensitive and a brush that I made. Finished it up with Lucido aftershave. Which rocks by the way

Incense Flash from Tauerville
Retails for $63 for 30ml. By no means a steal but not bad for a niche scent. Strange that I would buy something at that price but hesitate to buy a 100ml bottle at $165 .
Notes
Fragrantica
The fragrance features incense, leather, woody notes and musk.
Luckyscent
Leather, musky woods, ambergris, incense

My nose
The incense is BIG dry and strong. I don't get much woods or musk but it is noticeable if I try. The ambergris also seems to be there if I really try hard to find it.

This kind of reminds me of the Dev series from Olympic Orchids but not as thick. This is not sweet at all and opens and little sharp. This is VERY smoky and dry.
I have been wearing it for a few hours now and its still going pretty strong. I like it but I do not love it. I will probable pass on a sample from it to someone I think might enjoy it and then try to swap the remainder.

We shall see! It may change with the dry down.

What do you think? Should I bring these back on a regular basis?

You had me at "Dev series from Olympic Orchid" lol. Sounds yummy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Incense Flash from Tauerville
Retails for $63 for 30ml. By no means a steal but not bad for a niche scent. Strange that I would buy something at that price but hesitate to buy a 100ml bottle at $165 .

I think that the whole Flash line from Tauerville is a bargain. I bought Vanilla Flash and Rose Flash in a group buy for $30 each. Judging from your review, should have ordered Incense too.

That's excellent news. Can't wait.
Where do you usually get your samples from?
Since I see some interest I will start putting in some details. I normally get them from surrendertochance or the house directly. I also do a TON of swapping.

Okay here we go again!
Club de Nuit Intense for women
Yes this is NOT the mens version that is a clone of Aventus. This is the one that is a clone of TF Noir de Noir.

From Fragrantica
Top notes are geranium, saffron and rose; middle notes are caraway, nutmeg, violet and pepper; base notes are amber, agarwood (oud), vanilla and patchouli.

Let me start by saying that I am not a rose fan for the most part. Anyone who has been reading these should know that by now. Most rose scents are sharp and powdery. I know some people get all upset when we use the term "Old Lady" but I cant think of a better way to say it. No disrespect to our wonderful grandmothers. Rose normally reminds me of that!

Now! This rose is very different from that. I like this one a lot so far.

Now considering I have only smelled TF NDN in the store this smells pretty close. Enough to make my buy this and not miss NDN for the price difference. I love Tuber and its not listed in CDNI so I want to compare side by side to NDN. I am a tuber fan for some reason.

CDNI smells of mostly rose, saffron and patchouli.

This is only my second time wearing this but if I recall correctly the performance is pretty good! Right now I am about 4 hours in and it is still going pretty strong.

If you like rose you MUST try this.

This one sounds interesting. I'm not a huge fan of rose either, but I do like some roses mixed with the right oud.

This one sounds interesting. I'm not a huge fan of rose either, but I do like some roses mixed with the right oud.
Larry - I think you would like any scent mixed with the right oud!
It actually really good (CDNI for Women). It has changed a little through out the day but still very nice. Have you tried Tom Ford Noir de Noir?

Update on CDNI Woman
Great scent and performance for the money. Love it!
Today
Aramis Calligraphy Rose
From Fragrantica
Top notes are oregano, saffron and honeysuckle; middle notes are turkish rose, myrrh, styrax and lavender; base notes are labdanum, musk, ambergris and olibanum.

Another good one. Today is the second time wearing this scent. The opening is a touch harsh but settles quickly. Those rose in this is different than the CDNI Women. Its a little more traditional and not as smooth. It still lacks that sharp powderyness that I don't like from most rose scents. Think rose with a little smoky myrrh and a touch of sweet myrrh.
I do get some of the saffron too (a note I have become fond of)

Another one for rose fans! I am about 3 hours in and it is still going strong. I am expecting good performance.

Today
Aramis Calligraphy Rose
From Fragrantica
Top notes are oregano, saffron and honeysuckle; middle notes are turkish rose, myrrh, styrax and lavender; base notes are labdanum, musk, ambergris and olibanum.

Calligraphy Rose is an amazing bargain! To my nose, it smells of incense and rose. Very complex, manly, adult. More niche than a designer feel. Lasts for over 20 hours. I can apply it the morning and still smell then next day in the gym. Go easy on the sprayer. This perfume can be overwhelming.

Update on CDNI Woman
Great scent and performance for the money. Love it!
Today
Aramis Calligraphy Rose
From Fragrantica

Another good one. Today is the second time wearing this scent. The opening is a touch harsh but settles quickly. Those rose in this is different than the CDNI Women. Its a little more traditional and not as smooth. It still lacks that sharp powderyness that I don't like from most rose scents. Think rose with a little smoky myrrh and a touch of sweet myrrh.
I do get some of the saffron too (a note I have become fond of)

Another one for rose fans! I am about 3 hours in and it is still going strong. I am expecting good performance.

You’ll be converted to a rose lover soon! Resistance is futile :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_7766.JPG
The Caron boutique was 5 minutes from my office. Never smelled any of them and what I read about Yatagan piqued my interest more than Shaggy to a Scooby Snack. I smelled every men's scent they had, and was told they are all natural scents -nothing synthetic. I was told to wear Yatagan on the back of my neck so it's not overpowering (it should be something one smells when giving a hug, you don't want to overpower the room), and to ensure I apply to my skin not clothes.

I tied Yatagan this morning. "How do I smell?" I asked

"You smell a little like pickles," my darling wife said. That was shortly after I put it on. An hour later it opened up nicely and this evening I complemented on how nice I smell.

"No more pickle Rick, eh?"
"No!"

Can't wait to try the others

Just received few samples of MFK. Shipped directly from Paris in under a week. Four samples for 14 Euros. Report to follow.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I sniffed all 4 of my MFK samples and decided to test Aqua Vitae Forte first.

It's a citrus fragrance. Starts with a blast of sweet sumo mandarins and lemonade. The it settles into a lemon meringue or lemon custard pie sent. Mid notes remind me of luxurious hand cream, white tropical flowers. In 4 hours the scent melows. Close to the skin, it lasts for another few hours. Overall, a very feminine composition.

Update on Aqua Vitae. I must have had some temporary anosmia. Base notes reapered and lasted for a total of about 7 hours.

Top Bottom