What's new

Fragrance oil for cologne?

I got some tobacco fragrance oil from a local vendor that is what I want my life to smell like in the winter. I mixed a little in some unscented shaving soap but spread some on my neck and waited an hour before mixing to make sure it wouldn't react badly on me. Fast forward to last week when I was back in the store and saw another bottle. I bought it and spread just a bit on my neck and forearms (where I put my cologne normally). Since it's oil, just a dab goes a long way, especially since it costs the absurd amount of $2.50 a bottle :tongue_sm. It wore very well on me all day and smelled great. My question is is there a risk involved with this since it's really just for fragrance oil burners? I didn't react badly to it at all, just a little worried since this is not the intended use.

I understand your caution. I would feel the same way. There are a couple of concerns I have. This product is almost certainly a small amount of Essential Oil diluted with a carrier oil. If not, it would cost more than $2.50 for a 5ml vial (I am guessing the amount from my experiences).

1. The tobacco EO may contain a toxic chemical.
2. The carrier oil may irritate your skin.

Since you have already applied it to your skin, your genetic material is now irrevocably damaged, (or not). You might as well enjoy your new tentacles and apply this oil as often as you wish. Numbness would be a bad sign, as would be random rage.

You might ask the seller a bit about the product, assuming that the seller can speak your language. Some "local vendors" are not from around here, so talking is not easy.

You might as well enjoy your new tentacles and apply this oil as often as you wish. Numbness would be a bad sign, as would be random rage.

This = awesome.

The oil felt fine on my skin, so I'm thinking it is probably OK. The vendor is an Illinois native, so language is not a concern. I honestly didn't think to ask them about it when I bought it. Probably should have, though. I guess it's too far to turn back now.

Top Bottom