What's new

Fragrance like Irish Spring Soap

I've heard Creed's Original Vetiver be accused of that, which might extend to Mugler Cologne as well, which is a nice, and much cheaper, soapy green scent.

Supposedly the scent of Irish Spring soap was modeled after Irisch Moos. Indeed IM is quite close, but without the soapiness that is present in the soap. Starts out much like a typical barbershop (somewhat soapy but that quickly fades) and then becomes a cedar chypre. It stays rather close and inoffensive, a very safe choice when not wanting to smell like you are wearing much (if any) cologne, but more like you are freshly bathed.

I'm sure there is something expensive that might do it better, but Mugler Cologne smells very similar to Irish Spring soap. It's great.

Thanks for the great suggestions. On a similar note, I know its not like Irish Spring - but has anyone tried Speick EDT?

I have a bottle of it. Doesn't smell like IS at all, although as mentioned you knew that. Its a very herbal kind of scent, for lack of a better word. To be honest, its a bit of an acquired taste. Not bad, just different. It doesn't even smell like your typical flower scents either. Kind of hard to describe

I was quite surprised at how different all of the Speick products are from each other in terms of scent. They all share a common element, but are all quite different smelling. I expected more congruency across the line, but the soap, deodorant, AS, and EdT are all different from each other in terms of scent.

As far as Irish Spring goes, there's no dead ringer, but Creed Original Vetiver and Mugler's Cologne do have the same feel to them for sure of a very fresh, green scent.

There is also the Irish Spring deodorant which is pretty good stuff!

Speick smells....German. That's really the only way I can describe it

:lol: I have actually thought the same thing before.

I read something (a fragrance review or post on Basenotes) that someone compared something to Irish Spring. Can't recall it right now. I'll have to see if I can remember.

Thanks! I have the Speick aftershave, but it smells so different that the shaving cream and soap. I was curious if the EDT smelled different as well.

Does anyone have a sample of Mugler Cologne or an old bottle they don't want that I could buy?

I'd be happy to send you a sample of Mugler Cologne if nobody in your neck of the woods (i.e. the US) can/will hook you up. PM me if you're interested.

Regarding your original question... I find Irisch Moos soap to be very close to Irish Spring. On occasion I have used it as a regular body soap in the shower. Also, today I just received a sample vial of Creed Himalaya and am finding it to be quite clean and soapy as it dries down on my skin. I was actually taken aback by its stregnth when I first applied it. It almost gave me a headache and I was about to wash it off when I sniffed again and discovered it mellowed down very quickly into something fresh, mild, soapy, etc. Not sure how close it to Irish Spring but it's definitely soapy clean. If I send you the Mugler, I can include a bit of Himalaya for you to try out.

EDIT: Just remembered that I also have a bottle of Creed Original Vetiver, which, as others have already mentioned, is similar to Mugler Cologne. For reasons unbeknownst to me, I enjoy getting others on the soapy fragrance bandwagon with me... cutting to the chase, I'd like to include a sample of Original Vetiver, as well.

Last edited:
I'd be happy to send you a sample of Mugler Cologne if nobody in your neck of the woods (i.e. the US) can/will hook you up. PM me if you're interested.

Regarding your original question... I find Irisch Moos soap to be very close to Irish Spring. On occasion I have used it as a regular body soap in the shower. Also, today I just received a sample vial of Creed Himalaya and am finding it to be quite clean and soapy as it dries down on my skin. I was actually taken aback by its stregnth when I first applied it. It almost gave me a headache and I was about to wash it off when I sniffed again and discovered it mellowed down very quickly into something fresh, mild, soapy, etc. Not sure how close it to Irish Spring but it's definitely soapy clean. If I send you the Mugler, I can include a bit of Himalaya for you to try out.

EDIT: Just remembered that I also have a bottle of Creed Original Vetiver, which, as others have already mentioned, is similar to Mugler Cologne. For reasons unbeknownst to me, I enjoy getting others on the soapy fragrance bandwagon with me... cutting to the chase, I'd like to include a sample of Original Vetiver, as well.

Himalaya is a great clean, soapy scent, but I think the Original Vetiver is closer to the scent of Irish Spring.

I was quite surprised at how different all of the Speick products are from each other in terms of scent. They all share a common element, but are all quite different smelling. I expected more congruency across the line, but the soap, deodorant, AS, and EdT are all different from each other in terms of scent.

I own and use Spieck AS splash, cologne, stick deodorant, shave cream, shave stick, soap, and AS balm. I find they all smell remarkably similar, particularly the splash, the cologne, and the deodorant stick. Only the balm really seems to smell different. It is no wonder, as the Speick plant itself is the common ingredient in all of them.

Top Bottom