What's new

Fragrance Friday: Creed Original Vetiver

It's no favorite of mine either. I think it's worth mentioning that Mugler Cologne is very similar and for $60 to $80 you can get an enormous 10oz bottle.

It's no favorite of mine either. I think it's worth mentioning that Mugler Cologne is very similar and for $60 to $80 you can get an enormous 10oz bottle.

I find Mugler's Cologne too feminine on me (but great on my wife), whereas the Creed OV is unambigously masculine to my nose.

Creed Original Vetiver I like a lot, but I only paid around US$75 for a big bottle of it when I bought it off someone else. i wouldn't be paying the current high prices for it, especially given it's not a very loud scent.
Regards,
Renatoi

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Not on my list, I like the old Vetiver 1948 much better (glad to have more than a half bottle left).

As I recall, Luca Turin rather famously reviewed this scent as "Not vetiver" and gave it one star. I pretty much agree with LT, and Joel, although I sure do not always agree with LT about Creed scents. Rudy is correct that the 1948 is a different vetiver altogether. I do not understand why Creed decided to no longer have a real vetiver in its line up, although as I recall C&S is not doing much better. Good review.

actually used Creed Vetiver on Monday!
grabbed it for a song on an auction way back!
Totally enjoyed it!
Good match to the vetiver shave soap.
Indeed, it's Boring!
But, So Am I!
A Perfect Match!!

ps...Skin Bracer added a little zip!

proxy.php

I like it. Very fresh, but the cost is just too exorbitant. Id rather spend my money on a more unique Creed like MI,GIT or Aventus and just use the very similar Mugler cologne.

Just real soapy and a little bit of vetiver. Try Guerlain Vetiver (vintage EDC if possible) or Givenchy Vetiver (the better the older). I think there are restrictions on vetiver use now due to allergies.

Original Vetiver is really good. I like how it uses the leaves of the vetiver plant to give it a sweet earthy richness to it.

Mugler Cologne for 1/4th the price is still a much better deal though.

Top Bottom