What's new

Fragrance Free After Shave?

As I have aged I have found that that I cannot uses scents or fragrances anymore. I can't even be around them, and that includes people at work or in enclosed spaces like theaters and restaurants who use perfume, cologne, aftershaves, etc. My throat starts closing up and I have trouble breathing. I used to use aftershave when I was younger. Are there such things as fragrance free aftershaves? Currently I just hit my face with Razorock Alum after I shave and wash it off with cold water.

Thanks,
Cliff

I use this quite a bit. It has about 26 or 28% alcohol ( I think ) and combined with the witch hazel it does a good job as an astringent and also it's great for cutting tallow soaps before rinsing. If you rub in a good amount and then towel off, the most turgid soaps will rinse away quickly with cold water. I follow it with CeraVe daily lotion and it's fantastic. It has a very light scent which smells across between Lowland Scotch and Witch Hazel... not surprising given that's pretty much what it is... un-aged neutral spirits and Witch hazel. They have a bunch of different types - I like this particular one - because it is scent-free and their de-naturing agent doen't make it overly bitter. Some alcohol products really over-do the de-naturing and getting any around your mouth makes everything taste like quinine. A lot of Aftershaves have particularly nasty-strong denaturing, but the de-naturing is much more subtle in this stuff. You can put it on heavily and five minutes later, lick your lips and get no bad taste.

Chatillon Lux has their unscented AS back in stock, it has great face goodies and might be one of their last AS releases.

I use this quite a bit. It has about 26 or 28% alcohol ( I think ) and combined with the witch hazel it does a good job as an astringent and also it's great for cutting tallow soaps before rinsing. If you rub in a good amount and then towel off, the most turgid soaps will rinse away quickly with cold water. I follow it with CeraVe daily lotion and it's fantastic. It has a very light scent which smells across between Lowland Scotch and Witch Hazel... not surprising given that's pretty much what it is... un-aged neutral spirits and Witch hazel. They have a bunch of different types - I like this particular one - because it is scent-free and their de-naturing agent doen't make it overly bitter. Some alcohol products really over-do the de-naturing and getting any around your mouth makes everything taste like quinine. A lot of Aftershaves have particularly nasty-strong denaturing, but the de-naturing is much more subtle in this stuff. You can put it on heavily and five minutes later, lick your lips and get no bad taste.

Thank you for the info. I'm a little confused, are you using straight witch hazel as as aftershave, or are you mixing it with something?

Chatillon Lux has their unscented AS back in stock, it has great face goodies and might be one of their last AS releases.
I'll check it out, thank you.

Thank you for the info. I'm a little confused, are you using straight witch hazel as as aftershave, or are you mixing it with something?

Well, I'm using it in place of an aftershave. On days when I don't want scent, and/or the soap feels a little waxy on my skin and seems like it will be difficult to rinse, I finish my final pass, towel off, rub in a generous amount of Dickinsons, and then either towel off or rinse depending on whether the soap typically leaves my skin dry. The Dickinsons has enough alcohol to cut soap scum without burning. It also has nice astringent qualities, so often I re-apply it after rinsing. It's just a good mellow thing to use after shaving.

I also have the same problem with smells and therefore am also looking for things without fragrance.

I can advise you to look towards the Soap commander, chieseld face. They have aftershave without aroma, but unfortunately it is more difficult to deliver them to Europe and Russia, you need to use an intermediary who will send it and it will turn out to be very expensive.

I also have the same problem with smells and therefore am also looking for things without fragrance.

I can advise you to look towards the Soap commander, chieseld face. They have aftershave without aroma, but unfortunately it is more difficult to deliver them to Europe and Russia, you need to use an intermediary who will send it and it will turn out to be very expensive.
Thank you very much, Kel, I appreciate your suggestions.

Have you tried Lucky Tiger?

It is very soothing, contains no alcohol and has a very short-lasting citrus scent.

Have you tried Lucky Tiger?

It is very soothing, contains no alcohol and has a very short-lasting citrus scent.
No, I have not tried anything yet, except for Aqua Velva (which I was able to use twenty years ago). Thank you.

Thayer's has an unscented version of skin toner. It has Glycerin and Aloe Vera to moisturize as well as Witch Hazel for cleansing/toning.

Thayer's Witch Hazel Toner...Nivea sensitive skin balm has just a hint of fragrance, definitely one you could try.

Top Bottom