What's new

Frag "import" question

Someone recommended a frag to me and found it on the bid site...its sold from Portugal, free shipping, but "buyer is responsible for any import duties or taxes"

Is this a red flag? How much will this run me if anything at all or should I find another seller?

Hello,
No, in my experience this is not necessarily a red flag. It just means that before you will receive the frag, you will have to pay a sum to your postal service or whichever courier service imported your fragrance for you.
Here in Canada you can look it up what the import cost will be (I just googled it). If you are in the USA, you should be able to do the same. It is typically a percentage of the declared valued of the fragrance. So, it will depend on how much the vendor values the fragrance on the shipping label.
My personal preference is to always find a vendor that has already figured out the import charges. This is typically easier for more common fragrances. Some hard-to-find fragrances not so much.
Perhaps anyone else can chyme in?
Hope this helps.

I live in Sweden. Any goods from outside the EU will be charged an $11 import and handling fee regardless of the contents value, then 25% of VAT will be added on the price of the goods regardless of if the original country's VAT already is included in the price. Hence an American $16 shaving soap will cost me:
Vendor's price including US VAT: $16
International shipping fee: $10
Import charges: $11
Swedish VAT 25%: $4
Total:$41 for a $16 soap.
These days the customs register every shipment. Up until two years ago about nine of of ten packages past unnoticed. I must admit that my purchases of American shaving goods have gone down.

I've made purchases from the EU and the Middle East through ebay and have never had to pay any duty or import fees. Oh, and I'm in the US.

I've made purchases from the EU and the Middle East through ebay and have never had to pay any duty or import fees. Oh, and I'm in the US.

Yup. With a push to google this from one of the other posts, I discovered I am under the $200 limit so should be just fine.

Now, let’s hope I get my $15 frag in the first place!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom