What's new

Frag atomizer dammaged, not working

My wife dropped a brand new and somewhat spendy bottle of D&G (Light Blue) perfume. The atomizer no longer works. The atomizer cap has a small dent in the top and when I pulled that cap off the plastic tube that goes into the bottle was slightly bent. I rebent it back to be straight but Perfume is no longer dispensed.

Any thoughts?

Things I should try to get the atomizer working again?

Should I just take tools to the whole top to remove the cap/atomizer to get at the perfume and decant it into some other bottle with a functioning sprayer?

I had a similar problem with an old Habit Rouge EDT. I used a paperclip and bent it so I could lift the cap and stab down into it. Some of the product came out and then I put the cap back on. It keeps working for a few minutes so I can spray it into another atomizer.

The other solution is the one you have where you remove the cap and put the frag into another atomizer.

Hi Dave,
I think taking the top off--if you're comfortable doing so--is a good idea. There an earlier February thread on this same topic in which I mention some possible steps and concerns. Good luck!
tim

Hi Dave,
I think taking the top off--if you're comfortable doing so--is a good idea. There an earlier February thread on this same topic in which I mention some possible steps and concerns. Good luck!
tim

Thanks for the info. I've read a bit about removing the crimping and that doesn't seem like it will be too much of a challenge for me - I'm reasonably handy. Off to search this forum for providers of nice atomizers for my brides spendy juice (I've seen links her ein the past). I'm not putting $80 worth of perfume into a cheesy looking atomizer!

Wife had a similar issue, I bought her a vintage looking atomizer (from Ikea) and use a pair of pliers to gently rock the top off of the old bottle and it came off with no issues. Was just aluminum and the neck was rather stout on the glass. A few twists and turns and it just popped right off.

So I got a 3.5 oz perfum bottle to decant this stuff into.

Taking the plastic decorative stuff glued onto the top of the bottle off to get at the crimped atomizer was pretty easy. Using a knive and pliers to cut, open up and remove the crimped cap/atomizer was pretty easy. Decanting it into the bottle with the tiny, tiny funnel provided with the perfume bottle was pretty easy.

But it was also pretty messy. My hands got splashed up pretty good with ladies D&G "Light Blue" perfume. They reeked all night after washing my hands several times. My kitchen counter reeked all night too.

I went to my work out this morning - a pretty serious boot camp style workout at a martial arts dojo. Once I got moving and warmed up; man did I reek. It was a bit embarrasing.

Perhaps rubbber gloves next time Dave. Duh! ........

Top Bottom