What's new

Frag Acquisitions

NicolaiNewYorkIntense.jpg

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Ordered a couple new (to me) scents...

Ugh, my order from Fragrancenet came in today but when I opened the box there was a bottle of Versace Dylan Blue & a bottle of Prada Luna Rossa Sport. Ive never heard of either one of these. The packing slip shows the items I actually ordered. Weird. Someone screwed up. I'll call them tomorrow...

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Ugh, my order from Fragrancenet came in today but when I opened the box there was a bottle of Versace Dylan Blue & a bottle of Prada Luna Rossa Sport. Ive never heard of either one of these. The packing slip shows the items I actually ordered. Weird. Someone screwed up. I'll call them tomorrow...

Well, I called Fragrancenet to tell them about the issue. They were very helpful and apologetic. They emailed me a prepaid return label/RMA and mailed the correct items to me via 2 day priority, which I received today. All good...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
image.jpeg Picked up these two fragrances with out last Chemist Warehouse order. The Hawthorn Hawks football club I have not tried and the Pierre Cardin I have not used for many years but I used to love the scent so I hope that it has not changed.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
New to this part of B&B :) Starting to run low on my THB Tell Tale Heart EdP so I've been hunting for a reasonable facsimile... My first attempt arrived today. Grabbed a decant of Maison Martin Margiela Replica By the Fireplace and Jazz Club EdT's. Neither is really close but both are amazing and By the Fireplace will probably be my go to fall scent!

New to this part of B&B :) Starting to run low on my THB Tell Tale Heart EdP so I've been hunting for a reasonable facsimile... My first attempt arrived today. Grabbed a decant of Maison Martin Margiela Replica By the Fireplace and Jazz Club EdT's. Neither is really close but both are amazing and By the Fireplace will probably be my go to fall scent!
I hope you'll comeback and give your thoughts on these two.

Very keen to hear your thoughts on those two. Especially the Jazz Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I hope you'll comeback and give your thoughts on these two.

Very keen to hear your thoughts on those two. Especially the Jazz Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I gave Jazz Club a go today. To my nose it kind of opens like an aquatic and seems to morph thru a spicy almost oriental phase and then settles down to a sweet, lightly powdery accord as the tobacco/vanilla/tonka show themselves. On dry down it is far more similar to Tell Tale Heart than I though. I maybe totally wrong but that's what I get and my wallet hates it! :D There is full bottle in my future!

As for By the Fireplace... A magnificent gourmand that is savory smoke and toasted marshmallow. its fun scent and if you want an idea what it's like just go to bath and body work and take a whiff of their "Campfire Marshmallow" candle and you'll get it a crude idea. It's far more complex but the opening is quite similar.

So I went on a bit of a binge lately....
Franck Boclet Tobacco - none better. 'Nuff said
0903181318.jpg

Nobile 1942 - Fougere Nobile - a spectacular fougere. A bit different than any others I've smelled
0903181315.jpg

'Made in Italy' Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
0903181313a.jpg

Chopard Oud Malaki x 2 - all signs point to it being discontinued, hence the x2. It's gorgeous
0903181313.jpg

Vintage Egoiste 4.2oz, 3.4oz, 1.7oz Cologne Concentree and a 2.4oz Cologne Concentree not pictured
0903181314.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom