What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Kind of bought a lot this month. 5 ml vials of creed adventus and tom ford's grey vetiver, razorock x, razorock son of zeus, fine clean vetiver, fine platinum, and fine l'orange noir.

Kind of bought a lot this month. 5 ml vials of creed adventus and tom ford's grey vetiver, razorock x, razorock son of zeus, fine clean vetiver, fine platinum, and fine l'orange noir.

All of those are awesome. SOZ is a great fall scent for me and Grey Vet is distinct, yet subtle enough for the office.

Hermes Giantiane Blanc, Narcise blue.
Jack Black blue mark, and silver mark.
attar dehnal oud.
agar aura java oud, (still Waiting.)
Robert Piguet Bandit adp
Parfums Retro Grand Cuir
Creed Neroli Sauvage.

all samples.

Last edited:
Ysl- la nuit de l'homme
Dolce and gabbana -the one
John varvatos - vintage
Thierry mugler - Angel men
Jpg- le male

Last edited:
Both on my next sampler order. Let me know what you think!

Got them a couple days ago. Le male is a projection and longevity champ. It last almost too long. I got tired of it after 12 hours or so. La nuit de l'homme is almost a tad feminine but still a nice fragrance. I think it suits my somewhat nerdy personality well. It wouldn't do well for aggressive personalities I don't think.

Apparently, the post office delivered my cologne to a different address. I had to call the main branch, and I'm waiting to see what actions will be taken. Luckily, I have the tracking number for reference. The Post Office just isn't any good here in the part of Louisville I live in.

Greetings B&Bers! So I'm not much of a full-bottle guy because my tastes trend to shift, but I broke with convention and just got a bottle of CdG Monocle series Sugi. Love it, and it's as close to a signature scent as I'm likely to find. Got it from LuckyScent, and also got samples of Amouage Journey Man (ok, too much like Fate Man though), Agonist Dark Sapphire (opening is too floral-sweet and smells just like Isparta, but dries down very nice), Slumberhouse Vikt (licorice opening, ok dry down), and Slumberhouse Ore ( magnificent Fall scent!).

I just received about two minutes ago my package from yesterday. Nautica Life cologne. It is an interesting scent, reminiscent of Nautica Voyage N-83, but with some differences. I want to say that this scent is more... golden. It does have a warm spicy scent in its opening notes, and should be a great cologne for summer next year. We're supposed to have a few warm days still ahead of us in the coming week, so I will try it out more then. I do admit that the bottle is lovely, and I enjoy the way it is shaped and catches the light. The rope detail that covers the tube is also a very nice touch.

I've been buying a lot of fragrances recently, but then it's partly because I reached a point where I'd accumulated so many Boots points I figured it was about time to spend them! Mind you I've also been getting a bit of early Christmas shopping in and dropped by the fragrance sections of a few department stores.

In the last month I've bought:

Chanel Egoiste
Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb
Ralph Lauren Polo
Cacharel Pour Homme
Drakkar Noir

I'd really recommend people try out Cacharel, Egoiste and Spicebomb if they've not sampled them before. Heck, try them all. Cacharel and Drakkar Noir can be purchased at really reasonable prices here in the UK.

I came close to buying Diesel Fuel for Life Spirit because it's quite unique - I think the fact it has incense notes in it helps.
I also liked Amaris Devin.

Samples wise I picked up:
Chanel Bleu de Chanel eau de parfum, which I do like and may buy.
Chanel Allure Pour Homme - it's a nice scent, but I'm not sure I'd buy a bottle.

Ralph Lauren Polo Red.

Versace Pour Homme and I have Dior Eau Sauvage on the way.

I'm looking at the YSL L'Homme line, not sure which to go with yet. The L'Homme, Libre or la nuit...

Despite purchasing all of the above listed in post #93, I decided to blind buy another fragrance a few days ago: Amaris Havana.

My main reasons were I'd read some good reviews, had come close to buying Devin but felt it could be one that others may not like, and in the end I managed to find a really good deal on a 100ml bottle of Havana. I am so glad I bought it.

Versace Pour Homme and I have Dior Eau Sauvage on the way.

I'm looking at the YSL L'Homme line, not sure which to go with yet. The L'Homme, Libre or la nuit...

The only fragrances in the YSL L'Homme line worth owning are L'Homme and La Nuit. Libre is nothing close to the original line, it may as well be named something else. If you are looking for a versatile daily scent that could easily be a signature scent, L'Homme is probably your best bet. La Nuit is a darker take on L'Homme and IMO more suited as a night out fragrance. I own both and prefer the dry down in La Nuit I just don't see it as a daily fragrance. As they say YMMV, just my $.02.

Recent bargain acquisitions:

Perry Ellis M: Love this fragrance. If you like Chanel Allure Homme you will like this. Has a great cinnamon note on the top with a creamy vanilla. If you dont want to pay full retail for Allure, you can pick a 3.4 oz of this for less than $25. To be honest I prefer this over Allure because of the opening.

Mont Blanc Individuel: Like this one a lot too. I've seen comparisons to Creed Original Santal. I don't have experience testing Original Santal but this is a very nice fall/winter daily wear. Can be worn casually and I think is great for office wear. I get 6-8 hours longevity. Paid $24 / 1.7 oz

Salvatore Ferragamo Attimo: Like the scent a lot but I'm finding it sits close to the skin and does not project. Very safe fragrance for work as its very inoffensive and can be worn casually. Longevity is decent for a skin scent. Paid $22/ 2.0 oz

Visit by Azzaro: Very nice woody/smokey scent. The wood is a soft cedar note that is not too harsh. Also has a smokey incense note in the background that compliments it well. A little bit of pepper but definitely not a pepper bomb like Marc Jacobs Bang. The fact that the cedar is not too strong makes this scent very versatile. Nice for fall/winter. Paid $20/ 3.4 oz

Last edited:
Top Bottom