What's new

Frag Acquisitions

71322m.jpg

So I stopped at a kiosk in the local mall with my son in tow. Tested a few fragrances which I liked and then the salesman placed one in front of me which was totally unique from the others and from “western” scents. The others are possible future purchases, but my son stated that this final option was what we would go home with. Gents, I have purchased a women’s fragrance and I’m not even ashamed.

Top notes: Rosemary - Moroccan Rose
Heart notes: Citrus
Base notes: Cedarwood
6E7B06FC-610A-4DE9-A170-621E6EC90806.jpeg

The rosemary really stood out and the citrus is a bright sparkling citrus...gave me the feeling of being in a Mediterranean garden.

I started spraying Chanel #5 on for a couple days. Lovely stuff and the dry down is certainly unisex. But the wife said she couldnt have me smelling like both her and our daughter...so I guess that gives me the green light for some Bleu!
I have four vintage Chanel No. 5 minis that came with some minis of Chanel for Men. I tried No.5 once and first impressions, well they were not favorable. I'm waiting a week or two to try it again as I almost never reject something on the first try.

I have four vintage Chanel No. 5 minis that came with some minis of Chanel for Men. I tried No.5 once and first impressions, well they were not favorable. I'm waiting a week or two to try it again as I almost never reject something on the first try.

I experimented with the Eau de Parfum and the edt. Similar results for the most part. The blast out of the bottle is hyper floral mixed with bright sunshine. It’s like an exuberant blast out of Dizzy’s horn. Too much in my opinion, but an impressive and truly original olfactory experience nonetheless. This is no dime store juice.

It settles down pretty quick to something softer but still floral forward. And then the civet kicks in and can be really off putting. And it’s there and then it’s not and then it’s there again. I’d sniff my hand and in one place smell something nice and complex and then, bam, this hard, bright civet. And then that passes.

As it dries down from there it just gets better and better, and after a few hours it smells exactly like what I like to imagine as the original Old Spice. Warm, a little spice, maybe some sandalwood (?), a little honey, some amber, some flowers. Really, really nice. but there’s some work involved!

I expected #5 to really just shimmer from start to finish, but it’s more complex than that. It is truly unique and has a mind if it’s own. It smells like love.

So I stopped at a kiosk in the local mall with my son in tow. Tested a few fragrances which I liked and then the salesman placed one in front of me which was totally unique from the others and from “western” scents. The others are possible future purchases, but my son stated that this final option was what we would go home with. Gents, I have purchased a women’s fragrance and I’m not even ashamed.

Top notes: Rosemary - Moroccan Rose
Heart notes: Citrus
Base notes: Cedarwood
View attachment 1245763
The rosemary really stood out and the citrus is a bright sparkling citrus...gave me the feeling of being in a Mediterranean garden.

And you shouldn't be!!! I am one of those, who don't believe in scents having a gender / sex, are you aware, of how many women wear men's scents?! The most shockingly the past few years when it comes to that, is women found out, that their 50+$ foundation, wasn't as good as the 10$ Nivea Aftershave Balm, that i'm sure almost everyone on this forum owns, in at least one of Aftershaves, 99% of the reviews, are from females because of that :lol:

I am usually not a fan of celebrity scents, but i've come across a few i really like, one which i'm wearing right now, after applying it 15 minutes ago... Enrique Englesias Adrenaline :) Besides that, the, Seduction, line from, Antonio Banderas, i have them all, and they're really nice, when thinking that it is celebrity scents, which tend to be... ****... Also got, Cindy Crawford - The Diamond, again, quite solid for a celebrity scent :)

POTD NEW3.jpg

Have a nice day / evening, gentlemen, and gentletts :)

Feeling sharp is a state of mind. Looking sharp takes work.

Attachments

• POTD NEW3.jpg
    POTD NEW3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Top Bottom