What's new

Frag Acquisitions

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Well done! This is good stuff.
For me, it's an at-home-only kind of fragrance. It can be quite polarizing.

Thanks! It is polarizing but the more I wear it the more I appreciate it and how important restraint is in application.:D I've yet to offend anyone but it's probably a good thing that I have 45 minutes for it to dry down before I interact with anyone :LOL: I will say Chanel did a REALLY good job with the reformulation but the older has an opening that has such depth I see why folks clamor for it! You can smell every note!

nikonNUT

And in a moment of weakness brought on by a decant that was riding shotgun with the Antaeus. Honeyed patch with something animalic in the mix!

Last edited:
I am not a fragrance guy per se, only recently with aftershave. I have really started to enjoy the daily splash and this led me to a recent purchase of the only cologne/edt that I had ever owned. In my chasing days, the ladies loved this scent, in fact, a woman purchased it for me. Sadly, it was discontinued (or fortunately as the LOTH would not like the ladies swooning over me). So, I found a mini bottle online from Slovenia via Poland... Davidoff Classic Eau de Toilette... still smells great to me. The LOTH, undecided... go figure!

IMG_2227.jpeg

View attachment 956458 View attachment 956459

Picked up testers of these two for about $30 each. The Guerlain is a 2017 release. Same scent throughout its multi-year release with a different bottle design for each year.
Really like Habit Rouge, has a nice jockey club dry-down. Researching it did bring me to Jicky--yes I know it's pour femme, but both Connery and Caine use it so I thought, why not? It's a great scent for a guy, light, spicy and not at all girlie.

Really like Habit Rouge, has a nice jockey club dry-down. Researching it did bring me to Jicky--yes I know it's pour femme, but both Connery and Caine use it so I thought, why not? It's a great scent for a guy, light, spicy and not at all girlie.
I have Jicky too and I think it smells great. Completely unisex, IMO.

proxy.php
proxy.php

These two arrived today. I’m a classic kind of guy, lol. The Dunhill smells awesome! The Vetiver is also nice but a little more subdued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikonNUT

Went a bit nuts at the Chanel Boutique this weekend...

Coromandel is amazing and while I was leery of La Pausa and it's one note (Iris Pallida) in application is opens with violet leaf and dries down to a soft rose scented suede! I had to have it! Paris-Deauville has the Les Exclusives Eau de Cologne notes but with WAY more longevity!

Top Bottom