What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Couldn't resist a bottle for under $50US. I've always considered Dunhill to be pretty decent fragrances with very good value for what one gets. To be truthful, I wasn't really expecting much even though on some of the fragrance forums the feedback was either extremely high or mediocre at best. I took a chance and I was really surprised by this offering, Amalfi Citrus from the Signature Collection. Juicy, robust and very good quality for the $ outlay. Neroli, Citrus (Bergamot mostly) & Woods with not much more but, nothing else is required. I get a very light Cardamom that is very soft that is accompanied by green fresh accords from the Rosemary and Mandarin though not in your face with very minimal herbal nuances. There is a modicum of Vetiver and Musk that grounds the scent with a composed yet warm like masculinity. Very well blended juice that really gives superb value and quality if nothing more. I've hit my arm with 2 spritzes about 3 hours ago and I can still pick it up quite easily without having to bring my arm to my nose. The bottle is heavy and of excellent make up that really shows Dunhill was aiming at giving a real quality presentation to backing up this really nice fragrance.

If you've smelled an Italian style citrus & woods based cologne, then you've smelled them all before. Dunhill Amalfi Citrus is no different but, it sure delivers a nice punch for what it cost. If your looking for a quality spring/summer and early fall warm concoction and can get it for under $60US at plenty of fragrance retail discounters, it's a no brainer and will certainly put a cheapish wry grin on your mug as you smell clean, fresh and aptly put together. If citrus is your thing, this is a definite blind buy worthy candidate.

Pardon the really bad pics. They don't do the presentation and bottle any justice...:eek2:

IMG_20230224_181417916.jpg

IMG_20230224_181658679.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to @GlazedBoker for the tip on Dua.

I ordered this with a code (DUA30) which brought it down to $49 shipped:
1677339227473.png

It is a dupe of Creed's Royal Scottish Lavender, a "vaulted" fragrance.

It is very potent and takes about 2-3 hours to lose its very sharp green smell. After that, it's a very pleasant smell that lasts 24 hours. The Deciding Vote liked it enough to request it stay in the rotation.

So pumped about this one…

Penhaligon’s only made 1000 bottles last year and I regretted that I didn’t buy one in London last summer.

My wife called around today after hearing me call Penhaligon’s and be told it is sold out everywhere and found a bottle at Selfridges London (we are in London on vacation again). Got a bottle as a birthday present. Perfect. 👍

A30C0C50-31EF-4582-81A7-27C653CA50CC.jpeg

Picked these up yesterday from a local fragrance retailer/discounter. She called me on Monday and left me a message that a few bottles of Ferrari fragrances were in. I called back and asked her if she had Radiant Bergamot & Nobile Fig to reserve one of each and I’d stop by mid week. For $35 each, can’t complain one bit.

F9786E39-9D4E-47C6-9A24-5874A31ABAF9.jpeg

A02777BE-8CE0-4663-852D-B8B5DF014762.jpeg

Picked these up yesterday from a local fragrance retailer/discounter. She called me on Monday and left me a message that a few bottles of Ferrari fragrances were in. I called back and asked her if she had Radiant Bergamot & Nobile Fig to reserve one of each and I’d stop by mid week. For $35 each, can’t complain one bit.

View attachment 1618206

View attachment 1618208
I have those two plus Bright Neroli. Great summertime frags.

D.R. Harris No. 14 Vetiver with Lemon. A very earthy scent. Great for Spring, Summer and Early Autumn while the weather is still warm! If you like Cyril Salter's French Vetiver cream, you'll love this scent.

Attachments

• 1032DBCC-F6BA-4BBB-9FA9-D1FE9870C6C2.jpeg
    1032DBCC-F6BA-4BBB-9FA9-D1FE9870C6C2.jpeg
    675.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I finally bought two classics that have been on my wish list for yonks. Floris Special 127, and the most recent iteration of Mugler Cologne that they call 'Come Together.' The Mugler is discontinued, and I've noticed the price rising as it heads toward unobtainium status, so I pulled the trigger on 2 bottles. The 127 was available at an extraordinary discount so I got the last 2 bottles. Just in time for the warm weather!
floris_127_1677581481_32d35587_progressive.jpgmugler1.jpg

Just tried a sample of GFT Eucris EDP. Definitely can see this being a love/hate thing whenever I get a whiff of that musky note. One thing for sure is its a really intriguing scent. Has anyone compared the EDT to the EDP? I think I might like this better if it were in a milder form than the EDP.

Special Point redemption day at my local Shoppers Drug Mart, so I finally pulled the trigger on a 100ml bottle of Prada L’Homme Intense. I am a sucker for iris fragrances.

View attachment 1638824
I loved the Prada L’Homme Intense I bought a few weeks back so much that I picked up a bottle of their recently discontinued L’Eau.

Prada is quickly becoming one of my favourite designer fragrance houses. Excellent stuff!

1684116605505.jpeg

Top Bottom