What's new

Frag Acquisitions

TOBS St James, I'm guessing now that they phased out the aftershave that this is supposed to double as an aftershave and a cologne?
unnamed (2).jpg

Mail call. D&G K eau de parfum and Hermes Voyage d'Hermes Parfum. Under $70 apiece, couldn't pass them up. Sampled them a few months back.

Hermes is a woods with florals and musk that is airy, light & just a classy creation as only Hermes can do in the designer ranks. It's marketed as a unisex fragrance but, I fell at least on my skin from start to finish it leans slightly more masculine. A great everyday office wear scent that works equally as well in a casual setting whether at an eatery or running errands.

King by Dolce&Gabbana is more or less a Barbershop style take on a fragrance with a classic vibe that pays homage to those scents of before but, with a modern twist that makes it a bit more modern/contemporary. It's fresh and clean with a slight sweetness from the cardamon and fig. The lavender and patchouli though give it that slight throwback vibe. It's a better fragrance than those on the forums give it credit for. Solid for any occasion and time of day.

20220525_182349.jpg

Moustache has not been discontinued, FYI.

The formula has been substantially altered from the original, however.

Last edited:
This one is Moustache EdT Concentree, which was the successor to the original from 1949. It was then completely discontinued (late 80s, early 90s?). Then nothing until two 2018 reissues: Moustache Original 1949 and Moustache EdP. This one still has the animalic musks and oakmoss that are not in the Original 1949 reissue. The EdP, which I have not sampled, is supposedly an entirely different fragrance

Top Bottom