What's new

Frag Acquisitions

$29.97 Canadian at Costco.
PXL_20220122_205439939.jpg

Wow that’s great. On line or in store? Where about a if in store if you don’t mind me asking?
In store. Glass case with the watches.

The label said "Assorted Fragrances, $29.97". The .97 means clearance. The one in the cabinet was AdP, by itself, bottle, no box.

I assume they had other scents at one time, as when I brought up the tag for them to get from the locked cabinet, there was some confusion as to what scent I wanted. I said "the one you have in display.

Apparently they were $79.99 earlier, but we're clearing out the last of them. Now I wonder what other scents they had.

I may hit up a different Costco tomorrow to see what else is there.

I just restocked my favorite $6 cologne: Carrera Black EDT.
The notes are black licorice (anise), lavender, talcum powder, and vanilla. Very nice smell for a cold day, but the staying power leaves a bit to be desired.
This is one of those colognes where it's cheap enough to reapply every 3 hours or so.

Been acquiring, not posting. But here are my most recent purchases:
View attachment 1354880
Have only opened the Dark Rebel. An interesting fragrance with either abysmal performance, or, for me, it leads easily to nose blindness.

In reading online reviews most mention the boozy rum note; only a few mention the gasoline note, which I get. So I am among the small percentage where this note stands out. Not so much gas fumes at the pump. Reminds me of a mechanics garage--that mixture of oil, gas, and dirt.

Any one else with Dark Rebel get that?
My take on Dark Rebel after about 2 years is that it’s a weirdly sweet boozy leather. Like someone spilled rum on a leather jacket. I don’t wear it often (I have the smaller bottle) but I do enjoy it when I’m in the mood. I get a tiny bit of that petrol vibe. Enough to make it interesting. I agree the longevity is not great. Probably best for an evening, not great for office unless you re-apply over lunch.
-Mason

So as a noob here (since Feb) I've focused on razors, blades, brushes, soaps, & balms but not so much on fragrances. I have been using Fine Platinum & Spanish Aqua Velva. I bought some Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum and although it gets lots of love on B&B it just doesn't do it for me.

So I decided to get some of the more "high-end" fragrances to sample and this is what I just ordered that should be here shortly. Can't wait to try these.

1649888513012.png1649888590382.png1649888643608.png

Today more Creed samples. New to me is the Millésime Impérial and the Silver Mountain Water. I bought 100 ml of the Aventus last week and it should be good for spring/summer. I will get 100 ml of the Royal Oud for fall/winter. It lasts the longest for me. I'll also try a sample of Terre d'Hermes and buy some if I like it which I most likely will. Thanks to all for the education! :thumbup:

IMG_3553.jpeg

Top Bottom