Frag Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Fragrance' started by rearviewmirror, May 6, 2014.

Thanks! It is polarizing but the more I wear it the more I appreciate it and how important restraint is in application.:D I've yet to offend anyone but it's probably a good thing that I have 45 minutes for it to dry down before I interact with anyone :LOL: I will say Chanel did a REALLY good job with the reformulation but the older has an opening that has such depth I see why folks clamor for it! You can smell every note!

1. And in a moment of weakness brought on by a decant that was riding shotgun with the Antaeus. Honeyed patch with something animalic in the mix!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. I am not a fragrance guy per se, only recently with aftershave. I have really started to enjoy the daily splash and this led me to a recent purchase of the only cologne/edt that I had ever owned. In my chasing days, the ladies loved this scent, in fact, a woman purchased it for me. Sadly, it was discontinued (or fortunately as the LOTH would not like the ladies swooning over me). So, I found a mini bottle online from Slovenia via Poland... Davidoff Classic Eau de Toilette... still smells great to me. The LOTH, undecided... go figure!

IMG_2227.jpeg

3. The thread about 80's fragrances made me think about what I wore back in the day. Jovan Musk for Men

WIN_20190308_17_07_14_Pro.jpg

4. emwolf

emwolf Contributor

Really like Habit Rouge, has a nice jockey club dry-down. Researching it did bring me to Jicky--yes I know it's pour femme, but both Connery and Caine use it so I thought, why not? It's a great scent for a guy, light, spicy and not at all girlie.

5. I have Jicky too and I think it smells great. Completely unisex, IMO.

6. Needed a new spring fragrance and opted for this one from Guerlain. Very happy with my choice!

298620.jpg

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  7. Spent the week in SoCal and treated myself :D
    [​IMG]

8. Yep, FB Tobacco is one of the best tobacco scents out there, IMO. Tobacco is also my favorite fragrance note.

9. Somnos

Somnos Contributor

B063854F-C28C-4436-B57F-AACD4200015C.png In today...just love this frag.

10. [​IMG][​IMG]

These two arrived today. I’m a classic kind of guy, lol. The Dunhill smells awesome! The Vetiver is also nice but a little more subdued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Two from Rogue Perfumery
    RougeChypre-Siam.jpg RougeMousse Illuminee.jpg

12. Nice pickup! Probably my favorite vetiver.

13. Thanks! I really dig it too!

14. Went a bit nuts at the Chanel Boutique this weekend...
    [​IMG]

Coromandel is amazing and while I was leery of La Pausa and it's one note (Iris Pallida) in application is opens with violet leaf and dries down to a soft rose scented suede! I had to have it! Paris-Deauville has the Les Exclusives Eau de Cologne notes but with WAY more longevity!

15. A few goodies from Rogue...
    [​IMG]