What's new

Frag Acquisitions

Ad Astra

The Instigator
proxy.php

Nice to come home to. Makes work a little less painful lol.

Nice haul! Only one I have is the Almond TOBS, but can assure you it is great! Smells like almond croissants ...

AA

Very nice! Never tried the T&H Spanish Leather, but the GFT Spanish Leather is great.

Looking forward to trying it.

I've just had a shave with the complete compliment of T&H Trafalgar and it's a very refreshing shave and fragrance. Definitely arrived in time for this warmer weather the UK is getting.

Hey all,
New to the whole fragrance game, and want to figure out what I like best. I know I like woodsy smells a lot, but wanted to explore some other high quality fragrances.

Found a reputable decanter and picked up some 15ml bottles of;
CREED Royal Oud
CREED Green Irish Tweed
TOM FORD: Tobacco Oud

Ordered a couple 2ml samples from the CREED site the day before;
CREED Aventus
CREED Viking
CREED Original Vetiver

Hopefully there's something I like in there...

Got a little 'treat' in the mail today...

upload_2018-5-3_17-46-22.png

Samples of Viking, Aventus, and Original Vetiver...

I'm new into frag's, and I was all hyped on the Aventus train; I like the Orig vetiver the best.... lol Guess I'm more of a vetiver kinda guy. lol

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Curious what you think of the longevity and sillage of this one @Ad Astra

Shocked at the lack thereof, I must say. Yes, it's awesome and unusual smelling, LT/TS praise it ... but it must have been re-formulated or watered down.

Seriously; I got both this and Kouros this week; Kouros lasts all day/night ... I put on three sprays of Yatagan this morning and I'm looking for it now at lunch. Hello!

I'm certainly not offending anyone with it, and that just defeats the purpose. :117: I suspect from your question @shavefan you have noticed the same thing?

AA

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Shocked at the lack thereof, I must say. Yes, it's awesome and unusual smelling, LT/TS praise it ... but it must have been re-formulated or watered down.

Seriously; I got both this and Kouros this week; Kouros lasts all day/night ... I put on three sprays of Yatagan this morning and I'm looking for it now at lunch. Hello!

I'm certainly not offending anyone with it, and that just defeats the purpose. :117: I suspect from your question @shavefan you have noticed the same thing?

AA

Not with Yagatan, but I recently bought Caron's '3rd man' and while I love the scent the sillage is about zero after 20min. Stays very close to the body and longevity is only a few hours. Not the worst thing in the world, but would like a bit more "power"...

Sounds similar to your Yagatan experience. Maybe it's a Caron thing...

Ad Astra

The Instigator
That is the common affliction of many- or, most- fragrances today.

There's like a handful that still whack like a baseball bat.

Bean counters or the "OMG, oakmoss may KILL someone" crowd. (makes a contemptuous gesture)

AA

shavefan

I’m not a fan
That is the common affliction of many- or, most- fragrances today.

There's like a handful that still whack like a baseball bat.

Bean counters or the "OMG, oakmoss may KILL someone" crowd. (makes a contemptuous gesture)

AA

Oakmoss! Dont want to derail the thread but I did some research on it and the whole ban makes zero sense to me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Oakmoss! Dont want to derail the thread but I did some research on it and the whole ban makes zero sense to me.

I got the oakmoss and treemoss essential oils, just so I would know what they are supposed to smell like.

It's the "think of the CHILDREN" crowd. There are perils in the world- there always have been. An allergy affecting one in a million folks, shouldn't actually affect by subtraction, the million folks that were enjoying the item in question - says I.

The "now, now there little chap, your elders know better" crowd disagrees. They just haven't made peanut butter illegal yet, but they want to. It is quite possibly about control, and the love of power. Common sense left the building.

So I bought the essential oils and slathered them on ... ahhhhhh. (No, but they smell great).

AA

shavefan

I’m not a fan
The way I read it, oakmoss was banned because of the potential of 1-3% of the population to develop a sensitivity to it. This make no sense to me.

Yep. Peanuts, lactose, shellfish, etc....

Thankfully, 'they' are looking out for us *rolleyes*

Top Bottom