What's new

Foxhole Shavers Club

US Army Medic 2012-Present :a46:
Stationed at Ft Hood, Texas and Schofield Barracks, HI
Looking to join this Honorable club
Welcome! Glad I never needed your services while deployed, but sure am glad you and all other medics were ready, just in case.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Hey y’all
Never served but my mother, father, and brother have. I hope y’all dont mind if I post this here. Saw it today and thought of y’all and my family too of course.
Also thought of our great country and it’s people like the owner of the about to be shown LP who keep it great!
Thank y’all and God Bless!
F0E3C3ED-E01A-464D-ADA5-FB4F3BEB427F.jpeg

New member. Army, several tours, multiple MOS's. Ended my time jumping out of planes and eating snakes. Was once ordered NOT to shave. Interesting times.

Ok, I went through basic in San Antonio. We went out for a day pass after graduating. I get Riverwalk. That's neat. But the Alamo was SUCH a disappointing trip! 18 years ago and I STILL feel let down...

Ok, I went through basic in San Antonio. We went out for a day pass after graduating. I get Riverwalk. That's neat. But the Alamo was SUCH a disappointing trip! 18 years ago and I STILL feel let down...

Sorry to hear that. I'm a bit of a history buff so it was a bit like visiting a cathedral. I'd also go back in a heartbeat.
There actually was a movie shot partially on the riverwalk with Dabney Coleman in it. Cloak & Dagger.

Par usual, the book beat the movie. Don't get me wrong: the Alamo and being in that space was amazing. But seeing it in the middle of downtown, surrounded by hotels... It just seemed wrong.

Par usual, the book beat the movie. Don't get me wrong: the Alamo and being in that space was amazing. But seeing it in the middle of downtown, surrounded by hotels... It just seemed wrong.

Yeah? Never saw the book. You're correct about the hotels too. It was a shock to walk through the Hyatt and find yourself standing in front of the Alamo...which is the way I first saw it. I've been back there several times over the years and even stayed in the aforementioned hotel. I still enjoy going back though.

Thank you. A long time ago my mother noticed that any party I attended found me with all the other vets in a corner in deep discussions within the first 15 minutes of arrival.

Thank you. A long time ago my mother noticed that any party I attended found me with all the other vets in a corner in deep discussions within the first 15 minutes of arrival.
Interesting. It works the same way at church. My deployment (yes, just one) was relatively easy, but one of the guys at church had some intense times in combat. Just having a military service and time overseas in common gives a certain bond.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Top Bottom