What's new

Fourth of July Barbecues

Good ol' traditional "build your own" monster burgers at my house....

And of course all-you-can-eat clams on the barbie......

You guys are making me so hungry!!

Time to throw a burger on the BBQ...then lobster later on.
Certainly not traditional Texas fare, but dang they both sound delicious!

I've had a brisket smoking away since early this morning, and some spares just in case we need more food. Bacon-wrapped, stuffed jalapenos are keeping the meat company on the smoker, and the beans are catching the drippings.

I also made two kinds of BBQ sauce (traditional bourbon/sweet, and wicked vinegary/spicy), homemade potato salad, and apple pie. I am currently debating whether to mix up a margarita or a Tom Collins.

My in-laws are staying over and are taking the older kids to fireworks. My plan is to stay at home while the youngest sleeps and retire to the porch with a Monte #2 cuban and a Glencairn glass full of something nice.

Have a happy and safe holiday, everyone!

Can't get enough of those!

Just the two of us yesterday evening so we kept it simple with a couple of Nolan Ryan (yep, the Texas BB HOF) strips on the grill with a link of beef sausage for snacking.

The days surrounding the 4th was always a big cook-out day with my F-i-L. His birthday was the 5th and he supplied the party meats. A couple of 30+ lb briskets, several split chickens, and of course, the obligatory hot links. Added to the succulent meats were all the delicious side dishes, beans (pinto not baked), 'tater salad, various relish trays (got to have pickles and jalapenos with BBQ), a plate of sliced tomatos (probably omitting something, the table was always completely covered with side dishes). We sat out on the patio and ate and sweated, and sweated and ate. Ahhhh...those were the days my friend I thought they'd never end...

Happy b'day to my late F-i-L.

Top Bottom