What's new

Four soaps forever

Always open to modifying if done for the sake of improved enjoyment. As of right now these four are the pinnacle for me.

Don't take my word for it though. Go find your final four.
Well said. I have my final four of soaps, I’m quite happy with them:

As I've made my way through the first ~20% of my soap/cream samples I have established the following as my favorites thus far...

Mike's Naturals
Barrister and Mann Reserve
Mitchell's Wool Fat

to be determined

Still lots of samples to try

As I've made my way through the first ~20% of my soap/cream samples I have established the following as my favorites thus far...

Mike's Naturals
Barrister and Mann Reserve
Mitchell's Wool Fat

to be determined

Still lots of samples to try
Samples are the way to go. You can try a dozen soaps and it doesn't take two years to get through them.

Samples are the way to go. You can try a dozen soaps and it doesn't take two years to get through them.
It really is. I always see guys say that they'd "like to try it but have already got a 57 year supply..." and I just cringe at how wasteful it is. Wastes money, wastes time and, I imagine, is just less fun...spice of life and such.

Interesting. Three of my four soap makers haven’t even been mentioned.

Ariana & Evans
DR Harris
Grooming Department
Tallow & Steel

I think Ethos may displace DRH but I’ve not tried enough to be sure and there are several Harris soaps I love, including Arlington

if I was forced to choose individual soaps from those four they would be:

SoCal Hipster
Arlington
Angel
India Bay

1 Ethos
2 GF Trumper
3 TOBS
4 Stirling
Honorable mention to The Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe Cream, which has fantastic performance. I use it to kick up the performance of lesser soaps, since it does not have much of a scent

Top Bottom