What's new

Four shave ready user-grade straights The ugly, the ugly, the ugly and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four straights: honewear, grimy scales, sloppy honing, pitting, and all.

But they have edges on them.

Four different edges in fact.

You get all four for $20 shipped to your door (US only)

The catch?

1. You must be comfortable using a straight razor and stropping already.
2. You must use all four and pick a favorite, this can be after one shave with each or ten shaves, however many it takes for you to decide.
3. You must not use any abrasives on your strop, as that will overwrite the edges.
4. You must tell me the favorite once you decide, and then I will reveal to you the grand mystery of which razor has which finish (provided I haven't lost the super secret post-it of prophecy.
5. Your decision will then be revealed as the absolute champion of all hones for all time, no arguments of other variables and failure to comply with the scientific method in any way will be acknowledged.
6. One of these is really, really ugly. I assure you they are all able to shave however.
7. This will be hereafter referred to as the great junker finish smackdown. Four razors enter, one razor leaves, then the other three live forever in the shame of defeat.

Attachments

• IMG_4427.JPG
    IMG_4427.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4428.JPG
    IMG_4428.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4429.JPG
    IMG_4429.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4430.JPG
    IMG_4430.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4431.JPG
    IMG_4431.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4432.JPG
    IMG_4432.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 87
I'll bite, I'll even ship them back after giving them a run, so you can find another test subject. Caveat, I will be doing a bunch of Slantember, which will slow down my evaluation. I would strop on (Tony Miller) leather and linen only, nothing else. Feel free to pick your best test subject, I'm not claiming priority.

I absolutely love this idea as a sort of passaround...mystery edges... I'm VERY curious to see the outcome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CCR
So Tanuki and I have worked out that he'll pay $5 for shipping to try them and ship them back to me. At that point I'll probably take his winner and three other finishes and send them out again for round two. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but I or he can post a thread in Honing revealing the finishes and results for these four once he's completed his testing.

So as far as BST is concerned, these are sold/gone.

Once they arrive, maybe Tanuki can make a thread in Honing for continued discussion/updates so we don't clutter up BST with non-selling/buying convo. Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom