What's new

Fountain Pens

Sally never has more than one of my pens at a time. It's a great way to keep another pen inked up and in use. If I need/want the one she's using I just trade that one for another. Almost all of my ink is blue so that part is not an issue.

I knew it! I shoulda bet money that Tony would be endorsing FP's as soon as a nubile young honey gave him her digits....:laugh:

lol you are from now on as far as im concerned lol,... But please dont actually start a thread back here lol yall will get me in trouble

the interest, its way worse

I can affirm. My lady has an interest in the pens, very much more expensive than the ones I own. But, that's not the worst part...She has little interest in using them regularly to prevent drying out and lots of interest in having me refill, clean, and maintenance them.

... we should almost start a brotherhood and by that I mean a support group for men of lost pens

$tempest.jpg

The Lost Pens, led by the swashbuckling, young Peter Pen in their eternal battle against the dastardly Swmbo Pirates in the magical kingdom of Never Lend-her Land.

My wife views pens like she views razors. She can't understand why I need to spend so much money on them, why I need to have so many of them, and why the hell I would spend so much time talking to a bunch of strangers on the Internet about them. So, like my shaving equipment, they all get delivered to my office. [emoji10]

My wife views pens like she views razors. She can't understand why I need to spend so much money on them, why I need to have so many of them, and why the hell I would spend so much time talking to a bunch of strangers on the Internet about them. So, like my shaving equipment, they all get delivered to my office. [emoji10]
Now that I'm retired, I no longer have that option...she sees (almost) everything that comes in (unless I can get to the mailbox before she does!). And she feels the same way as your wife about pens, razors, and online forums dealing with them. Fortunately, she has her own little obsessions, so she can't really criticize me too much!

This is my wife! Plus when we are out with friends, I get "he is in a shaving club on the internet" or "He has his own special pen" followed by can you believe he does that?

Tom

My girlfriend used a fountain pen all the way through grad school. She and another student in her research group got me started. Now she doesn't have time to bother with fountain pens, but she likes them... and doesn't seem to mind that I like them.

-Andy

Just about every doctor I know uses a fountain pen.
My dentist is a high tech kinda guy. X-ray results are sent to a computer monitor in the treatment bay, he can show you a quick little vid of the procedure and he often takes photos during repairs. He has a busy practice but he has always been on time for appointments etc. He walks out with me (and every other patient, I might add) and makes hand written notes on the little chart at the front desk. He uses a Montblanc Meisterstück 149 that he got as a graduation gift some 20 years ago. The first time I went to him I commented on his lovely pen and he said that hardly anyone notices it and was surprised when I asked about the nib. The last time I went for a medical both the doctors at the clinic were using fountain pens.

Top Bottom