What's new

Found!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
About four months ago I moved from the Philippines to Australia. I thought that I had lost my fountain pens in the move. Today while going through some of the pockets in my travel luggage, I found them.

I am not a collector of pens but these pens are special to me, particularly the two Shaffer's.

IMG_20210810_174214.jpg
The bottom Shaffer was used by my father (a solicitor) while the top Shaffer is one that I have used for many decades in my business.

The middle Parker is my red-ink pen I used to correct my secretary's typing mistakes.

It's good to have them back. My life is whole again.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
About four months ago I moved from the Philippines to Australia. I thought that I had lost my fountain pens in the move. Today while going through some of the pockets in my travel luggage, I found them.

I am not a collector of pens but these pens are special to me, particularly the two Shaffer's.

The bottom Shaffer was used by my father (a solicitor) while the top Shaffer is one that I have used for many decades in my business.

The middle Parker is my red-ink pen I used to correct my secretary's typing mistakes.

It's good to have them back. My life is whole again.
Very nice!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Congrats my friend! You move to Australia to escape the Filipina GFs?

Vr

Matt
No, I came here on business and got stuck here as the AU government have an overseas travel ban. I cannot get out until I get another project outside of AU that requires my presence. That could take a long time.

No, I came here on business and got stuck here as the AU government have an overseas travel ban. I cannot get out until I get another project outside of AU that requires my presence. That could take a long time.
So you’re there because of a travel ban to *leave* the country?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
So you’re there because of a travel ban to *leave* the country?
Yes. Australia has a travel ban preventing citizens (and most non-citizens) from leaving the country unless granted an exemption. Exemptions are heavily restricted and hard to obtain. I have tried for an exemption three times now and been denied each time.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Great news about the pens but not so good news about travel. Melbourne travel limit is only 5klm and I have been feeling it. Lockdown 6.0 at the moment for us. Sydney looks grim at the moment regarding any potential travel on the horizon. That is unless you are a controversial commentator about to go on Big Brother TV show.or film star.

Again good news about the pens.

ugggghhh! That’s terrible! At least you are well provisioned in terms of fine shaving and writing instruments!

I have a pen that I would be very disappointed if it came up missing!

Vr

Matt

Top Bottom