What's new

Found this in SC.Napa Soap

Wandering around King St in Charleston, SC I found this in a honey specialty store. The scent is outstanding. Have yet to try it but a couple online reviews I saw say it's a good soap which seemingly lasts forever. I am still on the "Creams until I Screams" pledge until Jan. 1 2014. Hence I won't be giving this a go for a few days. Anyone have first hand on this product? I have never heard of it before.........

$Travel_Shave_Tin_clean_cropped__99514_1318534517_800_400.jpg

I've used some of their soap, its been awhile but I do remember liking it. I can't remember exactly what scents I tried of theirs.

I do still have an enamalware shaving mug with a lid that I bought from them at the time that I tried their soap. I love the mug and lid.

They claim to have reformulated recently and allegedly improved. The one review I've seen was a rave but it was by someone who was provided the product for free. It's available to me locally and I like the scents and their mug but I'm sticking to Harris and MWF and the like until I see more praise for the Napa soap.

Gave it a try today. Good product. Excellent honey like scent. Easy to lather. I will buy more once the current inventory diminishes some.

There's a guy on another shave forum that swears by this stuff. Says it's the best soap he's ever used. Take it for what it's worth.

I've never tried it.

They claim to have reformulated recently and allegedly improved. The one review I've seen was a rave but it was by someone who was provided the product for free. It's available to me locally and I like the scents and their mug but I'm sticking to Harris and MWF and the like until I see more praise for the Napa soap.

That was me. To keep things on the up and up I kept their gift but bought new product and PIFed it to a vet in need.

You might kick yourself for waiting when you eventually try this soap. I have the Ocean Blend and it is extremely protective and leaves my face totally calm.

Gave it a try today. Good product. Excellent honey like scent. Easy to lather. I will buy more once the current inventory diminishes some.

Napa Soap is a wetshaving secret waiting to explode on the scene. I know of two people using it in their top rotation and swearing by it like I do. If you put it in your top rotation would be a third besides me.

Their synthetic brush (the black fiber one) is just as amazing as their soap.

Couple times, face and bowl lathers. Used a Rudy Vey Silvertip for the bowl, B&B Essential boar for face. Great results both times.

Couple times, face and bowl lathers. Used a Rudy Vey Silvertip for the bowl, B&B Essential boar for face. Great results both times.

I love how quickly it absorbs more water when needed during facelathering. Also, the aftershave feel is very calm.

Would be curious to see how you compare it. I have tried and tried to bump it out of my top rotation, and it stays there... well deserved.

If any members are making a first time trip to Charleston, SC be sure to check out Good Scents on Market Street.
Darlene, the owner, is great to work with. She'll make you up aftershave balms with whatever fragrance oil you choose and adjust the scent to your liking. She also carries a great selection of soap bars from England. I always get my patchouli and vetiver fix when I visit her. Just a quaint old shop with barely enough room to move around so go before you visit Charlestons fab restaurants.

If any members are making a first time trip to Charleston, SC be sure to check out Good Scents on Market Street.
Darlene, the owner, is great to work with. She'll make you up aftershave balms with whatever fragrance oil you choose and adjust the scent to your liking. She also carries a great selection of soap bars from England. I always get my patchouli and vetiver fix when I visit her. Just a quaint old shop with barely enough room to move around so go before you visit Charlestons fab restaurants.

I'm going there in a few weeks. I'll try to stop by and check out the bath soaps.

Picked this up yesterday at a shop in my hometown; the Lavender and Cedar scent. I had never heard of it but decided, what the heck. Used it for the first time this morning and loved it. Great volume of thick, slick lather produced with little effort and seemingly not much product. A very comfortable shave, and I love the scent. May have to try the honey scent next. I like that I can buy a high-quality soap from a brick and mortar shop a short drive from my house, so this is a keeper for me.

They have a shop in St. Helena, CA. I was just in Napa on Monday and almost would have driven up to check them out--If I drive to Clearlake this week I will stop by their shop and take a few pictures. Oh, and pick up some soap.

Used it for the first time this morning and loved it. Great volume of thick, slick lather produced with little effort and seemingly not much product. A very comfortable shave, and I love the scent. May have to try the honey scent next. I like that I can buy a high-quality soap from a brick and mortar shop a short drive from my house, so this is a keeper for me.

My experience as well. This is an outstanding soap that delivers a wonderful lather and a very comfortable shave, even under the blade held by a 2011 R41. Can't figure out why it's such a sleeper.

(FYI. I was given this soap by the vendor. To keep it on the up and up I bought an identical set and PIFed it to a veteran.)

Top Bottom