What's new

found this GoodWill in a NEW Regent case - any ideas about the age?

I´ve found this GoodWill in a NEW Regent case. He is nickel plated and comes with a bar handle. Any ideas about the age? He says Pat. No. 25.457 9 No. 34.652

$2013-09-21 10-28-10_0004.jpg

$2013-09-21 10-29-34_0013.jpg

$2013-09-21 10-31-59_0032.jpg

$2013-09-21 10-32-22_0036.jpg

You've got this backwards Achim. We're supposed to come to you for answers. :w00t:

My first Goodwill should be delivered today. Obviously I'll be no help in dating this one.

Cool, a SC Goodwill, those are nice and unfortunately I don't have one.

I guess only Porter will be able to tell us for sure, but my guess is that it doesn't belong in that case. I think the letters and trademark would be silver toned too.
There's a thread about these South American Goodwill razors, I'll see if I can find it.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/380251-My-Strange-New-NEW-Goodwill?highlight=goodwill

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/377564-Strange-New-NEW-Goodwill-Short-Comb-Razor

This last thread has some great info.

Last edited:
I have one of those Argentinian Goodwills. However, mine looks like it spent 20 years submerged in rotting garbage (fortunately, it does not smell like that!). It came without a case from a seller in ... Argentina!

thanks for all the input. Edgar, the second link is a good information. I´ve found my old papers: I´ve bought it in 2013 by a Spanish seller. Maybe Argentina made is right.

Been a good few Months since the last posts, but I finally have a Short Comb Goodwill on its way. It's unusual to me but has and extremely High coolness factor to it. The seller just shipped it, from Argentina. I should have it in a couple weeks probably.

It is a NEW Short Comb. The handle resembles the standard Gillette BAR handle, but what is unusual is the branding. The razor is Branded PROBAK- INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA. The SN's match those on yours (the second SN anyway). Can't wait for it to arrive, but I'm worried it may have seen the Garbage pit as well, for a short while anyway. Hope it cleans up nice, if so it will jump right to the front of the replate line. Here are a few Pics from the Listing.

$Argintine short goodwill mexico ss 8.jpg$Argintine short goodwill mexico ss 9.jpg
$Argintine short goodwill mexico ss 7.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, a SC Goodwill, those are nice and unfortunately I don't have one.

I guess only Porter will be able to tell us for sure, but my guess is that it doesn't belong in that case. I think the letters and trademark would be silver toned too.
There's a thread about these South American Goodwill razors, I'll see if I can find it.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/380251-My-Strange-New-NEW-Goodwill?highlight=goodwill

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/377564-Strange-New-NEW-Goodwill-Short-Comb-Razor

This last thread has some great info.
I remember those links. They were fun to post in.

Been a good few Months since the last posts, but I finally have a Short Comb Goodwill on its way. It's unusual to me but has and extremely High coolness factor to it. The seller just shipped it, from Argentina. I should have it in a couple weeks probably.

It is a NEW Short Comb. The handle resembles the standard Gillette BAR handle, but what is unusual is the branding. The razor is Branded PROBAK- INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA. The SN's match those on yours (the second SN anyway). Can't wait for it to arrive, but I'm worried it may have seen the Garbage pit as well, for a short while anyway. Hope it cleans up nice, if so it will jump right to the front of the replate line. Here are a few Pics from the Listing.

View attachment 565381View attachment 565382
View attachment 565385

Here's a link that is fun

Nice score! Maybe Probak had a facility in Argentina that started making Goodwills after the merger ...

Awesome razor. I have an open comb Probak, and it resembles a Goodwill somewhat, but doesn't have openings in the baseplate the way yours does.

Nice score! Maybe Probak had a facility in Argentina that started making Goodwills after the merger ...
Auto strop was taking over by gillette as part of the merger. Gillette was lagging in sales and new Gillette president , former Autostrop executive\Samuel Stampleman handled the Auto Strop union in Brazil. He took over the Auto strop plant in Rio de Janeiro and started making blades for the Spanish south American countries. These plants also handled prior razor production to some extent.

thanks for all the input. Edgar, the second link is a good information. I´ve found my old papers: I´ve bought it in 2013 by a Spanish seller. Maybe Argentina made is right.

In Spain, the gillette razors are imported directly from England, Usa and even France. But I've never seen or found any Gillette imported from Argentina.

Top Bottom