What's new

Found these in an old razoe case.

Purchased this nice cased razor recently in an antique store. I noted there was something moving around inside the case but under the velvet covered platform at the time of purchase. Took the razor home and separated the velvet platform from the case enough for the noise making debris to fall out (pictured below). The items are marked .925 sterling. Does anyone have any idea what these are and what they used for? They are hand made.
Thanks.
DSCN7681.JPG
DSCN7682.JPG

Perhaps part of a watch fob assembly? The smallest clip, if a hole in center, pushes over a pin, like a lapel pin or tie tack.

Beautiful razor and case!

Perhaps part of a watch fob assembly? The smallest clip, if a hole in center, pushes over a pin, like a lapel pin or tie tack.

Beautiful razor and case!
Thanks guys. It seem the "hooks" could have been a part of a necklace as they will link together. But wht put in teh bottom of a razor case? Guess I will never know. As for the razor I got that for $9. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

A cased gold tech in that condition is definitely a good deal at $9!

Enjoy.
Thanks I will. I usually do not have much luck in antique shops. Anything shaving related seems to be very over priced. There is also the bad habit in many shop to leave the old blade in the razor. Many times I have reminded the shop owners to please remove the old blade as it has no value and it could easily result in injury.

No sir but that is one fine looking Tech. Based on the looks of the case I'd rate that set as having very low mileage, garaged overnight, and probably only used on Sundays.

Thanks. I am pleased to have found such a nice razor so cheaply. When I asked the shop owner how much she said nine dollars. Without hesitation, I smiled and said "I'll take it". This is a rare experience for me. Usually when I ask that question the price is insane. It was my lucky day.
Does anyone else have any idea what the silver "links" may have been and any thoughts on what to do with them?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Does anyone else have any idea what the silver "links" may have been and any thoughts on what to do with them?

I've been watching this thread since you posted it hoping someone would know what they're for. I'm curious to find out.

Top Bottom