What's new

Found these curious NOS blades at the flea market..

Posted on reddit but figured I'd share here too. Not sure what these really are, best guess is Personna USA's. I do know they were made prior to 1989 because that's when the label was discontinued. The price was a steal, each box a dozen packs for $5. They don't slide out of the dispenser, the oil has glued them down so I had to use a pair of pliers to crack it open. The blister pack is very yellow, and I've noticed they still have the faint smell of oil. Guess I'll try one in the near future.
SAM_2813.JPG SAM_2821.JPG

They are indeed USA Personnas and should shave exactly like a Lab Blue, assuming no deterioration. Which there shouldn't be with these. 120 blades for $5 is a good deal despite having to disassemble them the hard way. Careful to not cut yourself.

Personna seems to have made blades for every retail chain back in the day, and branded them however the buyer wanted. They all seem to have the same dispensers, and are good-performing blades. Soaking them in mineral oil can free them up. Good score!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have never heard of them before. I hope that they are still useable and thanks for sharing.

Had a chance to try one with a 40's super speed. These are in the top three blades I've ever tried but they bite because they are sharp. Needs a very light touch but there's no dragging or pulling, and I have some thick hair to go through. These are not the current quality of personna usa, it was able to chop everything into a bbs with only two passes.

I've had a few more tries with them and they've been turning out well. Changed the razor to one with less blade exposure and more weight, results have been fantastic.

Top Bottom