What's new

Found some Interesting blades

D

doleeo

So yesterday while driving around, I decided to stop at my usual antique store to see if they had any razors.

Little did I know I'd stumble upon some sweet blades.

I found a Wade and Butcher Frameback, Joseph Allen "Medium Hollow Ground" and what seems to be an almost mint Torrey with a barbers notch.

I've started to sand a couple of the blades but here are some pics.

Let me know what you guys think. Being that I don't have any stones, I'll need someone to hone these up for me....any takers? :smile:

Those are all very nice blades. With a little work they should clean up nicely and make great shavers.

The W&B is going to need a lot of work :frown: the chips look like they went through the bevel into the blade. It is doable, but will take time.

D

doleeo

The W&B is going to need a lot of work :frown: the chips look like they went through the bevel into the blade. It is doable, but will take time.

I was worried about those....but I decided to take a chance on it. It's such a mean looking razor.

I love the Torrey. One of my favorites is also a Torrey with a barber's notch. Ken at Ruprazor honed it for me and it is a superb shaver.

the shank on that W&B looks thick as hell(I love thick shanks, gives it a nice weight without throwing it off balance), it would be sweet to get it in action again

how much did you get it for?

Top Bottom