What's new

Found - Soligen Seven Day set

Gents,

I stumbled upon a Soligen 7 day set while searching for some antique frames for a project I am working on. I am not a straight user, have never attempted a restoration project (have no interest) and am not looking to make any money on this. This is just an attempt to help someone out who may be looking for a set like this. I cannot guarantee they will be there but I am willing to also call the shop for me to put this on hold to pick up.

I will attempt to describe as best I can:

1. There appears to be some gold wash on the top of the blades.
2. There are no chips in the blades.
3. No water spots.
4. May be one or two rust spots near the back pin - not on every blade.
5. No cracks in the scales. I have never seen ivory so I cannot comment if this is what the scales are made of.
6. Blades did not appear warped.
7. Days of the week are in German.
8. No water damage to the case.
9. Soligen is stamped into the handle with a flame. Nothing engraved or etched into the blades.
10. No writing of any sort on the scales.

If you want to see the crappy full sized cell phone pic, please let me know. I am willing to run down and pick this up for anyone if they are interested. I tried to take a pic of the blades but my cell camera just kept taking a pic with the flash and they did not turn out.

s~s

View attachment 72514

I can try and take pics of everything but I would not have time to go back down for that until Saturday. I don't want the shop owner to get overly suspicious by snapping each blade at different angles.

Again - I will do whatever I can to help out anyone interested!

s~s

Last edited:
FYI - there are a few Gents in line that have asked for additional info. Here is the best I could provide....

OK - just back back from another look at them. Additional pics = not allowed. I was extra careful to make mental notes. The guy who runs the shop offered me 10% off and is aware I could call and ask them to put them aside for me.

Scales = no cracks or warping. Some are lightly discolored on the inside where the tail is.

Blades = Appear to be all identical in shape. If I had to guess, they may be just a hair smaller near the back - near the tail. At least two of them may have a rust spot on the blade. One of them has a very faint scratch on the blade. All of them have a mirror finish. All of them have gold wash on the flower pattern but this has been rubbed off by the days of the week. It looks as if there is still some gold wash present on the tails but some has been rubbed off on all. 2-3 have a rust spot on the tails. One has a finger print on the blade but it looks like I could rub that off with my finger.

One Gent has asked that I pick this up for him. Again...please be aware that this is not a money making venture for me in any way. This is truly nothing more than helping someone out.

s~s

I'm furious with myself for not being at my PC when this was posted.
Would have made a great wedding gift to myself :001_tongu

I'm furious with myself for not being at my PC when this was posted.
Would have made a great wedding gift to myself :001_tongu

If you got that set, I would have asked you to marry me!:w00t:

And then we'd have bickered over who got to use which day razor of the set, there would have been acrimony, and a bitter divorce, and being a seven razor set, there would have been no way to fairly and evenly divide the set and the judge would have to rule on who got custody, visitation rights, etc.

Gumbo, you broke my heart, you bastard!:mad:

:tongue:

Yeah, well I'm furious with you. And it's probably you that keeps sniping all the good stuff at the Cambridge antique mall!

Yeah, well I'm furious with you. And it's probably you that keeps sniping all the good stuff at the Cambridge antique mall!

HA!

I used to go there. And actually scored my first ever W&B there. The lab I work at used to be walking distance from there.....

But then we moved out to Newton last Fall.....

So, you can just go right ahead and keep your Cambridge antique mall!

Razors have been secured and should be on the way to the buyer today. I have taken some pics for him before they were wrapped.

s~s

As I am not the buyer I shall be drowning my sorry in l;arge quantities of alcohol this evening.

I may even try and patch up my broken relationship with Gumbo....:tongue:

I'm not going to pretend I didn't call to offer the owner of the store 500 bucks to ship them to Boston if soul shine didn't show up to grab them.
Alas, to the winner goes the spoils.

I swear if I see that set for sale on Ebay in the next few weeks I'm going into terminator mode. Soulshine deserves a medal of honor for what he did.

I'm not going to pretend I didn't call to offer the owner of the store 500 bucks to ship them to Boston if soul shine didn't show up to grab them.
Alas, to the winner goes the spoils.

I swear if I see that set for sale on Ebay in the next few weeks I'm going into terminator mode. Soulshine deserves a medal of honor for what he did.

I had Soulshine on GPS tracking, and was going to jump him as he came out of the antique store....

But my flight was delayed coming out of Logan airport.....:mad:

Congrats to the new owner, and my hat is off to Soulshine!

S-S--I still say you should take up straights!:w00t:

Seriously - the owner commented that another Gent called the shop and I though he was BS'n me. Did you call every antique shop in Milwaukee?

s~s

Top Bottom