What's new

found personna red 100 for $12.99. Is this THE personna red that people talk about?

The packaging is different because someone shoved 100 blades into a plastic container. Usually they are in cardboard packs (US), or plastic packs (UK).

but the blade itself, does that look same as the personna RED that you are used to seeing?
I think I read somwhere here that personna red's have been discontinued.

Is this what's replacing the old personna red?

I live in Europe, so I don't know the red wrappers. But going by the printing on the blade, I'd say these are what the Americans call "Reds".

strange thing is, the blade reads "platinum chrome", but the red blade packaging says "super stainless and platinum"
confuses me even more.!

I live in Europe, so I don't know the red wrappers. But going by the printing on the blade, I'd say these are what the Americans call "Reds".

Why are they called Israeli red, if produced in the USA?
In EU the package looks like this:

View attachment 559225

They are called Israeli Reds because they are indeed produced in Israel.

The package in the EU doesn't say this any more but it used to. I think the mentioning of Israel has been removed on purpose due to many people being opposed to anything Israel does or produces here in the EU.

These along with the Shark SS from Egypt are my favorite blades! And yes - I have a 'strategic stash' of each... :001_cool:

so from the look of it, the blade in the picture you posted look identical to the one I posted from ebay.
Can we assume they are identical even though they have diff packaging?

Good, because I ordered some, earlier this morning.
I use the lab blues, regularly, and like them.
I was curious to see what all the hoopla was, with the reds.

Any opinions on comparing the Blue vs. Red ??

... Any opinions on comparing the Blue vs. Red ??
Nah, I have not been comparing blades for a few years now. I do remember thinking that the Blue Labs were harsh - but I did not really make any very informed decisions in 2012 as my technique was off and I blamed the blades...

Come to think of it I don't know any much at all about blades. I use the ones I bought in 2012 on false grounds, and the Feathers my son PIFed me.

I think Clubmaster James is right in presuming that one should really be able to use any blade. Hmmm.. Maybe I should do a long run on a Feather since I haven't used one for at least five years? That could be really interesting.... I have to ponder on this!

Nah, I have not been comparing blades for a few years now. I do remember thinking that the Blue Labs were harsh - but I did not really make any very informed decisions in 2012 as my technique was off and I blamed the blades...

Come to think of it I don't know any much at all about blades. I use the ones I bought in 2012 on false grounds, and the Feathers my son PIFed me.

I think Clubmaster James is right in presuming that one should really be able to use any blade. Hmmm.. Maybe I should do a long run on a Feather since I haven't used one for at least five years? That could be really interesting.... I have to ponder on this!

I'm on shave number 4 with a feather, I'm curious to see how long I can go. I typically will toss them at 3. Mostly trying to mimic what you stated is your routine in the 128 day thread.

I can also get very good shaves from almost any razor I try. Exceptions being, the Durham Duplex, and the blades provided during the pass-around.

Good, because I ordered some, earlier this morning.
I use the lab blues, regularly, and like them.
I was curious to see what all the hoopla was, with the reds.

Any opinions on comparing the Blue vs. Red ??

Yes, but only your own opinion counts.

I prefer the "Red" but blades are very much YMMV.

Top Bottom