What's new

Found My Go-to Blade

I also love the 7 o'clock yellows. I find them sharp (as sharp add I would ever want) and a great combination in my edwin jagger. I haven't used them yet in my kronos r1 but I started out with the dullest blade and I'm working my way up.

I did the same thing initially buying 100 pack of Persona Lab Blue , because of the high praise. I hate the things. I bought a razor off the BST and the seller threw in some 7oclock greens. They were soo much better. I heard the blacks were the best of the 7oclock and, for me, it is true. They are my favorites. Also try the Rapira platinum Lux, they are similar to the blacks.
I did the same thing. I bought 100 lab blues based on price and great reviews. I don't hate them but I don't love them. I decided I need to try others before committing to one. I just bought Gillette Blacks, Silver Blues, Kais, Personna meds, Personna Reds, Astra's, Feathers and Polsilvers. I haven't tried them all yet but so far the Kai's have been great in everything, the Astra's are safe but mild and the Silver Blue have been inconsistent. The Silver Blues are great in one razor and then Roth on another. I have not tried the blacks , Polsilvers or feathers yet.

I have a blade addiction. I try anything. My favorites are Silver Blues, Permasrp, polsilver, Voshkod, & I enjoy these 4 equally. I just bought a bunch of 10 pack to try, Treet Carbon, Sputnik, Rapira, gillette Super Thins, so well see

I am just now starting down the path of finding the right blades for me. So far I have only tried the Merkur blades and Derby. Merkur blades basically because it they came with the razor, but turned out to be an OK blade that I can use. The Derby blades were horrendous for me, absolutely crap. I can't wait to try some different ones, I would like to find something a bit better than the Merkur blades. I bought one of the sampler packs off of amazon, so I have a ton to try out now.....once the irritation / razor burn from the Derby blade heals...

I somehow accidentally bought 50 Derby plates and after two blade to realize that they're just killing me. I get so much irritation from them and I thought it was technique but when I tried to different blades from my sampler pack from Garry's, I see light at the end of the tunnel. I really want to try some personal blue but have to get through some of what I've got first. What to do with these Derbys....

Top Bottom