What's new

Found My 'Go To' Blade

I've tried a number of different blades recently, everything from Derby's to Feathers, but for the past week I've been using a Gillette Platinum Rubie and I have to say it's the best I've tried yet. I have a pretty tough beard and most blades don't make it past shave 3, but this Rubie - wow, it's been cutting like a dream, very forgiving in almost every razor I own, it completed it's 4th shave today and honestly it feels like it still has plenty of mileage left in it.

It's definately on my next order of bulk blades.

blades are tough to get the perfect one, so many choices, great to find the perfect one. I wish there were more SE choices.

so where do you get legit versions of the rubie's? im not sure on ebay who has legit ones after these were faked id love to try them but they do seem a bit hard to find.

Mate, well done on finding you "go to" blade.

I found my most perfect blade today when I had the perfect shave with it. As luck would have it, the bloody thing has been discontinued. It's the Russian made Super Iridium. :cursing:

Mate, well done on finding you "go to" blade.

I found my most perfect blade today when I had the perfect shave with it. As luck would have it, the bloody thing has been discontinued. It's the Russian made Super Iridium. :cursing:

If you're referring to "Polsilver S.I.'s", rejoice because they are still in production at the St. Petersburg plant. It's the Polish-made Wizamet "Super Iridiums" that have been discontinued.

the polsilver super ir is the same blade i love the old ones and the new ones are exactly the same shave for me... and emilio here at the forum has a awesome price on them

Top Bottom