What's new

Found my father's birth razor today at the flea market!

Very excited that I'll have something to give him for Christmas, this will probably never happen again in my lifetime. I was at the flea market it was just a random super speed, $5, that I originally passed on because it looked pretty bad but then did a double-take and figured what the hey. It looked very ratty, there was even an old blue blade rusting in it, yuck. I didn't realize the significance of the date until I got it home and looked online to find out it was made in the fourth quarter of 1962 (he was born in september). It looks a lot nicer after a scrubbing bubbles/hydrocide cleaning :thumbup1:

I wish I could find mine, but I was born in '81 so I don't know how likely it will be. But yeah, very excited.

$SAM_1383.jpg$SAM_1385.jpg$SAM_1386.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
That is awesome. You made out with a case and blade holder! I'm sure he'll love it.

Kindly,
Adam

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
That's about as nice as it gets. He does like using DE razors I hope. :001_unsur

Nice find. I'm sure your Dad will enjoy it very much if he is a wet shaver. I recently found my birth year and quarter, (G1) SuperSpeed also and have been using it every week. Mild but effective razor. Best thing was it was only $10 and looked almost brand new when I got it.

Congratulations!! Nice Find! :thumbup:

Those Flare Tips clean up SO Nice!!

Enjoy your father enjoying that razor. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
That's great, and what a nice memory you'll have. Hey if my memory serves me correct they still made Super Speeds until 88. So they are still out there so you can get your birth year, you just have to search diligently. However it will be the 60's design with the black handle - still a great little shaver.

Awesome find!:thumbup1: Also, since your birth year is 81, same as mine, you'll be looking for a Black Handle Super Speed or a Black Beauty with the letter B for the date code. The heads for both of these razors made in the 80's are slightly different from earlier versions. The underside of the Super Speed will be square shaped instead of a rounded diamond, and the Black Beauty will have a black plastic base plate instead of metal. Happens you find one someday, and happy hunting.

Top Bottom