What's new

Found, imho, the best head shaving mixture...

Been using about a marble's worth of MWF, hand broken up and a bit of Co Biggs to make an awesome head lather. The mwf gives a nice glide and the Bigelow makes these scorching summer head shaves much more managable.

YMMV, as always, but to my fellow head shavers, this is worth a go.

do you use a head blade?

Nope. Schick Xtreme3 for now. I can't just yet get used to the feel of a DE razor. I did order the gilette guard (as was recommended by Joe from IB) and will report back. Not a fan of the head blade at all. (price, ease of use)

Of course, YMMV. I myself use a Head Blade with great comfort and effectiveness, together with a CVS two-blade cartridge (purchased online in bulk for 25 cents each; Head Blade's founder announced somewhere on the web that the Head Blade-brand blades are re-branded Dorco's, which is what the CVS Atra-style cartridges are. I get 15 2-pass WTG head shaves per blade--I don't bother with ATG on my head--so less than 2 cents a shave per blade). I do a quick in-the-shower head shave, prepping with shampoo and creme rinse and then using a brush with either Williams or VDH Deluxe, both of which perform admirably and cheaply for my head shaves. A Gillette Guard, however, is an interesting possibility.

I was pondering starting a thread asking how many head shavers there are. I'm currently changing one variable at a time, trying to get a better shave. i currently have a VDH boar brush, Bigelow (Proraso), and a Gillette Fusion. I'm wondering if I should change to an Atra 2 blade before a Schick injector.

For now, DE shaving is a bit of a pain for head shaving, so I'm also thinking of using Schick Xtreme3 in the shower. I'll have to look into the Gillette Guard though.

For now, DE shaving is a bit of a pain for head shaving, so I'm also thinking of using Schick Xtreme3 in the shower. I'll have to look into the Gillette Guard though.

The x3 is the best head razor I've used. My guesstimate would be out of the 15 or so I've tried.

I'm sticking to a cartridge for my head, for right now. I have no use for Head Blade. C O Bigelow just doesn't have enough lubrication for me, so I use my modified Noxzema and have better results.

I was pondering starting a thread asking how many head shavers there are. I'm currently changing one variable at a time, trying to get a better shave. i currently have a VDH boar brush, Bigelow (Proraso), and a Gillette Fusion. I'm wondering if I should change to an Atra 2 blade before a Schick injector.
Somewhere there's a thread titled "Head Shavers Check In." Do a search and check in.

I use a head blade after having tried cartridges, de, and straights. It is for me by far the easiest and fastest and best resulting way to shave my head of everything i have tried. I do a simple one pass ATG in the shower after a showers length of prep while I wash the rest of myself and doing it in this way and being able to really rinse it all at the end really works great. I am experimenting with the cartridges for it but so far have found the sensor excel double blade the best as it never clogs and you don't need to rinse much. It seems to last a dozen shaves as well. I shave my head every day and any other method would just take way too long. I get irritation free BBS every time. No brush, just smooth on the Head Blade shaving cream by hand.

After my shower I shave the rest of my face by either straight or de and use a brush and some fancy top shelf creams and soaps.

Top Bottom