What's new

Found a new Scotch Whisky for me.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I always liked Glenmorangie. A solid single malt. Usually at that price point though, I preferred Highland Park 12.
Among the less pricey single malts I kind of like Tomatin. Sadly, my penchant for Islay usually means paying more, not less. I happily note that on a relative basis, most of the Ardbeg lineup has stayed fairly reasonable.

Among the less pricey single malts I kind of like Tomatin. Sadly, my penchant for Islay usually means paying more, not less. I happily note that on a relative basis, most of the Ardbeg lineup has stayed fairly reasonable.

May I suggest Ledaig 10 YO, from Tobermory? Produced right next to the Isle of Islay and, while perhaps not as heavily peated, it is also not as pricy. Jura is another fine distillery from the area.

My son gave me a bottle of the 10 year old Glenmorangie. I like it. A little lighter than some, but not bland. It is, as they say, "approachable" - easy to drink. It is a little sweet with some fruity notes and flavors.

At the price of Glenmorangie, I also like Highland Park's 10 year old. In fact, for an approachable, not so expensive dram, Highland Park is my favorite. It isn't as sweet as Glenmorangie, and is, perhaps, a little more conventional in its flavor.

I also like the peat and smoke bombs like Laphroiag and especially the 16 year old Lagavulin, but if you don't want a powerful Islay whisky, the Glenmorangie is very nice.

Top Bottom