• Hey Guest. We are currently doing lots and lots of work on the forum software. Please be patient while the kinks are worked out.

Thanks!

Found a gift waiting for me to find today.

My mother has fallen down the rabbit hole deeper than I have. She is buying razors to restore or NOS. Well today I had a package on my bed. She bought and surprised me with something I've been searching for since I got into wet shaving. And it's barely used at all. I am amazed at how new it looks. She said she got it for 59.99 plus shipping.

20191009_183331.jpg20191009_183336.jpg20191009_183333.jpg20191009_183340.jpg20191009_183349.jpg20191009_183347.jpg20191009_183354.jpg

very nice. congrats

Thanks. Now only one more stop I have to have. Can't wait to get working so I can get that fine star strop and complete my list of can't live without strops. I will say this the Cordovan leather is so different on this vs my kanayama strop.

interesting. I have only tried the vintage Japanese cordovan and one from Westholme. In the process of restoring a red imp but not ready yet. Has long ways to go.

interesting. I have only tried the vintage Japanese cordovan and one from Westholme. In the process of restoring a red imp but not ready yet. Has long ways to go.
Have you seen the red imp I came up on

Message_1567448117010.jpg

I also have an almost NOS C-MON 414 I'll have to take pics. I gave my friend an almost NOS strop. Can't remember which one. I also have the Koken that is in great condition.

For a used strop, that one is in surprisingly good condition. Both the cordovan shell and linen components are still in great condition. If the strop is assembled with a screw rather than a rivet, you might want to take the strop apart so you can more easily clean the linen component; use a mild detergent like Dawn. Then condition the leather component with a few drops of neetsfoot oil or strop conditioner. Enjoy!

For a used strop, that one is in surprisingly good condition. Both the cordovan shell and linen components are still in great condition. If the strop is assembled with a screw rather than a rivet, you might want to take the strop apart so you can more easily clean the linen component; use a mild detergent like Dawn. Then condition the leather component with a few drops of neetsfoot oil or strop conditioner. Enjoy!

I am going to use a little Fromm strop dressing on it.

On the linen it seems like it has some kind of coating on it. I'm not sure if it can be cleaned.