What's new

Found a ammo the Pico did not like.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Well, I finally found some ammo my Pico does not like. It's some old Federal and I have had almost 100% failure to feed. Granted it is some older Federal Personal Defense Hydra-shok 90 grain JHP that I bought a ton of on sale and so newer examples my be different. It's always worked well in my Sig P230 and in my Remington RM380 but does not feed in the Pico. Tap Rack does load it and it does eject but not something I'll trust in the Pico as SD ammo.

I have not tried this batch in my Ruger LCP or Smith BG380 yet. The Smith is back at the Mothership to see if they can figure out why it drops the slide when I drop and empty magazine. If they solve that problem I'll try the ammo in the Smith.

I'll get the LCP out and see if it feeds well in it.

AbE: (a little later)

In my LCP feed was at best marginal. There was one failure to feed and one failure to eject out of 7 rounds plus one not full lock up that required a slide tap.

It may be related to this particular batch although as I said, it works fine in the Remington RM380 and my Sig P230. I have a couple more boxes left that I bought at the same time so I'll see how they do.

Top Bottom