What's new

found 9 different Rocket HD´s

I´ll show you all 9 Rocket HD´s, that I know (here you can see a high res.pic):

proxy.php

Thank you for this, Achim - I have never seen #9 before - the gold heavy HD.

Was it sold in a blue case?

Does #7 indicate that it was made in Germany? Was the case blue? Does the case indicate that it was made in Germany?

thank you again!

(Now - two more Rockets to seek....)

Thank you for this, Achim - I have never seen #9 before - the gold heavy HD.

Was it sold in a blue case?

I know nothing about the gold HD. I´ve buy him without case last year.

Does #7 indicate that it was made in Germany? Was the case blue? Does the case indicate that it was made in Germany?

there is no "Made in ..." under the head, the outer shipper says "Made in Germany", the blue case says Made in Germany.

thank you again!

(Now - two more Rockets to seek....)

all 9 Rockets in the list have a link to more information´s on my site

I have a feeling this will only increase the demand for HD Rockets. One thing keeping me from getting one is the fear that I'll get one with aluminium. It's nigh impossible to tell the nickel apart.

Now where exactly does the #58 stand? It's not an Aristocrat, it's not a Rocket. It's an Aristocket.

I have a feeling this will only increase the demand for HD Rockets. One thing keeping me from getting one is the fear that I'll get one with aluminium. It's nigh impossible to tell the nickel apart.

Now where exactly does the #58 stand? It's not an Aristocrat, it's not a Rocket. It's an Aristocket.

you'll likely enjoy this: Gillette Rockets

The aluminum HD is a wonderful razor - I use mine more than the heavy one. There is an aluminum #58 as well. And an aluminum #66.

Be careful out there!

The aluminum HD is a wonderful razor - I use mine more than the heavy one. There is an aluminum #58 as well. And an aluminum #66.

Be careful out there!

Thanks, my aluminum bias was the one thread keeping me from trying to get an HD. Come to think of it, you never have to worry about the plating flaking off the handle... So what you're telling me is... I should try and get them all. :tongue_sm

Thanks, my aluminum bias was the one thread keeping me from trying to get an HD. Come to think of it, you never have to worry about the plating flaking off the handle... So what you're telling me is... I should try and get them all. :tongue_sm

yeah, except for the heavy gold one.

the next one of those is MINE.

...and the HD with the aluminum handle and heavy head is sorta neat, too.

Well one thing that this thread has done, it's finally convinced me that I need a scale that measures in grams!

The one I'm looking at costs about $145 + shipping. I figure that's 1.5 Rockets.

-jim

Legion

Staff member
OK. I'll admit, you made me get up, go and find mine, and check which one I have. Well done. I tried to hold out, but didn't last.

(No. 5, by the way)

Where does the the 1956 #59 set fit into the list?

I'm guessing it's nothing more than a HD in a fancy case as it shares the Brit pat # of 6-7.

I have to say that IMO the HD is one of the best DE's I've ever used, I find that I reach for mine more than my #15 nowadays & I never thought that would happen :001_smile

Makes me happy I recently got #6, prices will probably go up again now.

EDIT: I think it's also the best shaving DE razor I have now, better than #58 and #66. If only I had a #15/16 to compare it too

Last edited:
Top Bottom