What's new

Fougere suggestions

Sadly Tsar has been discontinued. A shame, too, because it's terrific

X2

I think a couple more have been discontinued from what I posted as well.

Luckily I have these in my rotation. As I really like this style of Fougere.

@Cezar
I have Varen as well. I think if you like Varen, you may enjoy these too.

Let us know what you try next and how it compares to Varen.

+1 for Duc de Vervins EDT and Platinum Egoiste, two of the best ever IMHO. Patrick is also great for the price and everyone should try Azzaro PH as a reference anisic fougere, really. For something a little different, you could try Pascal Morabito's Or Black, can be had from eBay for as low as $40 but definitely a tad quirkier than most fougeres and should be sampled first! I suspect that if the geranium and vetiver are prominent in the Stirling, then you'll love the Chanel!

Houbigant fougere royale (I haven’t tried this, but it’s the basis for pretty much all fougeres, afaik)

This one's a funny one, I hated it at first but it's one of those that's kinda growing on me over the years. Still haven't considered a bottle. There's a note in the opening that persists through the mid which I found quite challenging and I'm a huge fougere fan! I think it's the spikenard... so maybe file under sample before buying, considering the price. :)

Thank you everyone for all the great suggestions. I’ve actually managed to secure the elusive Stirling Varen EDT. It was available only briefly at my preferred Canadian retailer and I snagged 2 bottles. Can’t beat it for the price. I’m really looking forward to try Platinum Egoiste in the future, Duc de Vervins and possibly others as well.

Top Bottom