What's new

Fougere Scents

Martin de Candre has a Fougère, but their Vetiver is also really a fougère. It’s green, fresh, airy, tangy and lemony if anything. I don’t detect even a hint of vetiver or base notes. MdC Original is their only fragrance with any base.

FCDD6E39-9B07-42F4-8FF0-B8E01FA83380.jpeg

Yes, I bought one too.
I’ve had my first few shaves with the new B&M fougere. I have to say it’s something approaching sublime. The new soap base is among the Best of the Best. In the scent is rich, warm earthy, without being overpowering or too muddy. It’s probably my favorite soap right now.

Just had my first shave with Cyril R. Salter Veitver shaving cream. @Dngolden your "the scent is rich, warm earthy, without being overpowering" summary also perfectly described how I found the Salter Veitver. Really excellent.

Will also throw out an honorable mention for Razorocks "What the Puck" Fougere. Pleasant scent from an excellent $2.99 puck that produces great lather.

I just want to add for those that are unaware Master Soap Creations recently released Vintage Faberge.

"This is MSC's take on the classic Fabergé BRUT scent.

Brut by Faberge is a Aromatic Spicy fragrance for men. Brut was launched in 1968. Top notes are Anise, Lavender, Basil, Bergamot and Lemon; middle notes are Geranium, Ylang-Ylang and Jasmine; base notes are Oakmoss, Vetiver, Patchouli, Tonka Bean, Vanilla and Sandalwood."

If Brut is considered a fougere then this new one very well may be of interest to some of you.

Top Bottom