What's new

Forum categories ?

I've started reading posts from page 162, year 2011, and I've noticed that the same topics keep appearing every other page. I know that creating categories is time consuming but for the most sought after topics maybe this could be done, i.e. Montblanc, Parker 51, Inks, producers and the lot. Is this a bad idea ? Also, another thing I noticed is that nobody uses the search functionality, why ? Cheers

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I cannot speak for the pen forum but I use the B&B search functionality regularly. Even if I find the information I am seeking I may create a new thread anyway simply for the cordial interaction with other members. It is the membership of B&B that is its greatest asset, not threads from years gone by, as useful as they are.

nothing wrong in what you say, but if the most ‘discussed’ topics were placed in specific categories a user could go and see if his topic had been discussed before or not. If it has he can expand adding to a previous thread or create a new one on that subject in that category. If it has never been tackled then he can create a new topic in the ‘general’ section

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I’m afraid this is part-in-parcel to this type of forum. How many “best first safety razor?”, “what is a slant?”, “are open comb razors better?”, “badger or boar?”, “how do I lather Cella?”, “I hate The Veg!”, “I love The Veg!” threads do you think are over in the shaving forums?

have no idea of how many similar threads are started in the shaving forum, I use an electric shaver hahaha anyway forget about my ‘silly’ idea :)

I use the search function, but it's nice to have a new different perspective as well. It would be hard to find a topic that has not been discussed at some point in the past.

I use the search function, but it's nice to have a new different perspective as well. It would be hard to find a topic that has not been discussed at some point in the past.

If everyone settled for the info I found by searching, I don't think there would be any new threads to start. I do try to structure my questions, when I'm not satisfied with the search results to be specific (sometimes even quoting other threads) so as to not resurrect old thread and get new/updated info.

I wouldn't be against sub-sub-forums but that can get unwieldy as well. I don't dig very deep into the B&B Vendor Stores, I just stop at the top.

Top Bottom