What's new

Forgotten toys

Today I picked up a shavette (the CJB WH100B) for the first time in many moons.
As it turned out, the results were great.

It so happened that that Shave of the Day featured two other products I hadn't used in ages: Speick stick and Shea Moisture Tea Tree aftershave. They also worked very well and were a pleasure to rediscover.

What forgotten tools and/or products have you all rediscovered lately?

The other day I was rooting through the cabinet under the sink and came across an old spice mug with a puck of Mitchell's wool fat sitting in there. I had completely forgotten that I stuffed it back in hiding a couple years ago. It was a testament to my lathering defeat back then. Well I pulled it out and though, why not, I'll give it another try. Soaked the puck for near an hour to try and bring it back to life, and finally, finally, got a great shave out of it.

I did the same, rummaged around and found several products I had set aside when I first started-Proraso Red Soap and some creams. It’s like getting new product without having to buy it.

A couple weeks ago I ran across my frosted blue B&B essential boar brush that hasn't seen duty in a long time. Been using it every day these past 2 weeks and it's working just great.

Too bad we don't see these B&B LE products anymore. Brushes...soaps...etc.

A couple weeks ago I ran across my frosted blue B&B essential boar brush that hasn't seen duty in a long time. Been using it every day these past 2 weeks and it's working just great.

Too bad we don't see these B&B LE products anymore. Brushes...soaps...etc.

I was on West Coast Shaving recently and wondered what happened to the B&B products. Maybe they could bring them back for the Saint Sue auctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on West Coast Shaving recently and wondered what happened to the B&B products. Maybe they could bring them back for the Saint Sue auctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are they not doing the LE stuff anymore? I've been out of the loop for a bit.

A couple weeks ago I started using my Red Tip for the first time in I don't know how long. I've been enjoying it, and will continue to use it for a few more weeks. :thumbup1:

Are they not doing the LE stuff anymore? I've been out of the loop for a bit.
There is still the 10th anniversary brush (which has been on there for at least a year at this point) and a couple of notebooks with the old logo, but the B&B blue ink is no longer available. Maybe someone in the know can weigh in on if there will be new items again.

There is still the 10th anniversary brush (which has been on there for at least a year at this point) and a couple of notebooks with the old logo, but the B&B blue ink is no longer available. Maybe someone in the know can weigh in on if there will be new items again.

I'm definitely curious now. Maybe they won't do up a new one until the stock is sold on the last run. I may have to get one of those 10th anniversary brushes to help move that along :001_cool:.

On another note, and to keep in line with the thread, I busted out my white and gold flake B&B Essential boar brush this morning after having it shelved for about a year. Absolutely love that boar knot!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Pure badger brush. Found it to be very, very, very thirsty, after using synthetics for a long while.

AA

Today I returned to another tool that hadn't seen use in far too long: my Braveheart DE head, which sits atop a Brad Sears cocobolo handle.

It did a super job with a soap that's new to me, Mike's Hungarian Lavender.
The Omega Mixed Midget lathered it nicely.

Today I returned to another tool that hadn't seen use in far too long: my Braveheart DE head, which sits atop a Brad Sears cocobolo handle.

This thread came back to mind as I gave the Braveheart another spin after a break of some months -- though not the whole year!

I'd like to hear about some other rediscoveries.

Top Bottom