What's new

Forgive my ignorance but...

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I can tell a difference sometimes. Sometimes the $10 wine is better, sometimes the $20. It all depends on how big the difference is, assuming the more expensive is better.

And the next question becomes: do you really want to become a wine expert? Do you want to risk knowing the difference between a $30 bottle and a $100 bottle - and wanting the $100 bottle?

Before I came to this forum I didn't have $500 boots and pens.

Sometimes I decide ignorance is bliss.:adoration:

Is a $20 bottle of wine worth it, or would you rather drink $10 wine? Can you tell the difference? If you can tell the difference, do you think the difference is worth the extra money?

Same with brushes, shoes, cars, etc.

To me they are worth it, but we all have our dollar limit. None of mine were over $200, and I have some really wonderful brushes that were under $100.
good analogy

I have only two brushes and I bought both of them about 10 years ago. Both from Walgreens. Probably paid no more than $10 each for them. They do a good job of making lather. My dad had one beat up old brush he used until the day her died. It too made some good lather.

If I knew what I know now when I got my first brush, I would have gone directly to a high end brush like a Simpsons Chubby 1 and avoid the process of trying and selling at a loss lots of cheap boar, badgers and synth brushes

Same goes with soaps, razors and after shaves...

I have 10-15 different brushes. All budget conscious finds; however, i see brushes in the BST/e-stuff/web links going for hundreds of dollars. Is this just another rabbit hole or are those high end brushes really worth it??

You can't shave with all 15 at the same time. You could have had one fancy expensive one for the same dollars spent.

Top Bottom