What's new

Forgive me brethren part 2 - PIF

To atone for my egregious lapse in judgement when, in a moment of selfish weakness, I shaved with a multi-blade disposable razor and bar soap, I offer a PIF. CONUS only please. To be in the running, merely reply “I’m in” and offer something that nobody would otherwise know about you, such as “I’ve castrated calves before” (I have, actually). Give it until noon (eastern standard time) on Monday next (May 9) at which point I’ll assign numbers and pick the winner via a random number generator. Good luck to all!

These are a few things that I’ve accumulated that I either don’t use, don’t need or don’t like. Hopefully there is something there that will be of interest to somebody.

Cream/soap:
Razorock Puros – lathered twice off the top. I had hoped it would smell like the tobacco I worked in as a kid. It doesn’t.

Thayer’s Witch Hazel cream. Used an almond sized dollop once.

Razor & kit:
20s (?) ABC pocket shaving kit with a 30s Goodwill head. Includes blade bank with used vintage blades within. The Goodwill is a fantastic shaver and was my main razor for about 20 years.

Blades:
10 pack of vintage Gillette blades. These may have come with the ABC kit when I found it in the wild way back when.
2 5-packs of Gillette Nacet blades. Acclaimed by many but I found them too rough for me.

Brushes:
Omega Boar bristle. A good, go to, work-a-day boar brush. Nothing more to say.

Frank Shaving badger brush. A great little brush, it served me well despite the handle paint flaking off.

Soap samples:
A collection of Mystic Water shaving soap samples (un-used):

Bergamot Cedarwood & Juniper; Cedar & Sage; Brown Windsor; Poggio de Pini; Lily of the Valley; Marakesh; Vetiver oakmoss; Adirondack Jack; Bay Rum.

IMG_20220501_191139421.jpg

Last edited:
I'm also not in, but I love that you are true to your word!

I have different methods of rolling up burritos, depending on the amount of filling or size of tortilla. Life-enriching skill I learned at my first job at Taco Bell.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
To atone for my egregious lapse in judgement when, in a moment of selfish weakness, I shaved with a multi-blade disposable razor and bar soap, I offer a PIF. CONUS only please. To be in the running, merely reply “I’m in” and offer something that nobody would otherwise know about you, such as “I’ve castrated calves before” (I have, actually). Give it until noon (eastern standard time) on Monday next (May 9) at which point I’ll assign numbers and pick the winner via a random number generator. Good luck to all!

These are a few things that I’ve accumulated that I either don’t use, don’t need or don’t like. Hopefully there is something there that will be of interest to somebody.

Cream/soap:
Razorock Puros – lathered twice off the top. I had hoped it would smell like the tobacco I worked in as a kid. It doesn’t.

Thayer’s Witch Hazel cream. Used an almond sized dollop once.

Razor & kit:
20s (?) ABC pocket shaving kit with a 30s Goodwill head. Includes blade bank with used vintage blades within. The Goodwill is a fantastic shaver and was my main razor for about 20 years.

Blades:
10 pack of vintage Gillette blades. These may have come with the ABC kit when I found it in the wild way back when.
2 5-packs of Gillette Nacet blades. Acclaimed by many but I found them too rough for me.

Brushes:
Omega Boar bristle. A good, go to, work-a-day boar brush. Nothing more to say.

Frank Shaving badger brush. A great little brush, it served me well despite the handle paint flaking off.

Soap samples:
A collection of Mystic Water shaving soap samples (un-used):

Bergamot Cedarwood & Juniper; Cedar & Sage; Brown Windsor; Poggio de Pini; Lily of the Valley; Marakesh; Vetiver oakmoss; Adirondack Jack; Bay Rum.

View attachment 1449155

Respectfully not in...

Yes, I saw that previous thread. When I found out you went back to a cart razor, I turned away and shook my head in disappointment. But, alas, you eventually came to your senses, realizing the errors of your ways, and have returned back to the side of the lite.

I am however surprised that you never went through those samples, did you not like any of them? This is a very nice PIF, and I think that it would be perfect for somebody who is just started out in this journey. So kudos to you, for showing such a big heart!

You probably don't know I went to the 4th grade in 3 different states.

Now, thats what I call an achievement! You can screw up in one school, start over in the next one, and its like starting all over. This way you could keep doing your shenanigans, and be everybodies favorite goofball. One teacher asked me once if I was going to every stop my shenanigans, I told her, no, I think I am going to shenan again. 😝

Heck, I'm in.
Something most people don't know (that is also an egregious lapse in judgment) is that I once climbed a several-story church building because it had recessed brick that could serve as tiny holds but then got stranded on the roof.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hi! Respectfully not in. This is difficult, as I have never tried a Goodwill razor head!

Interesting factoid about me: I'm kind of boring, in reality.... I do however play an interesting person in the TV show in my brane.

Any incredibly generous PIF my friend! Thank you.

I'm in! Very generous and interesting PIF! Something unique about me is that my eyes view everything in slightly different cast. My left eye sees the world in slightly cooler tones than my right eye.

I'm in! Very generous and interesting PIF! Something unique about me is that my eyes view everything in slightly different cast. My left eye sees the world in slightly cooler tones than my right eye.
And here I thought I was the only one. I would venture to say that most people probably see that way and just don't realize it.

And here I thought I was the only one. I would venture to say that most people probably see that way and just don't realize it.

Not in, but that is one very nice collection! I, too have used a cartridge on occasion. However, the only bar soap I've tried for shaving has been the Dollar Tree Old Spice bar that was hyped as a great shave soap. Great was an overstatement.

This is difficult, as I have never tried a Goodwill razor head!
They're pretty much similar to the New razor but perhaps slightly less aggressive. I used it as my main razor for nearly 20 years. It's a great shaver. I "modernized" with a Game Changer and just haven't used the Goodwill. It served me well. I'll miss it nevertheless.

Great PIF. Respectfully, not in.

I spent most of my high school years running a video projector in the gym, because the teachers would do anything to get me out of their classrooms. Can’t blame them really.
Spoiler: I turned out ok despite/because of that.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
They're pretty much similar to the New razor but perhaps slightly less aggressive. I used it as my main razor for nearly 20 years. It's a great shaver. I "modernized" with a Game Changer and just haven't used the Goodwill. It served me well. I'll miss it nevertheless.
Then I salute you even more for doing this my friend! Twenty years is a long time.

Top Bottom