What's new

Forging Videos

For some fast moving well edited forging videos, check out Alec Steele's youtube channel. Most of the vids are about 6 minutes and very easy to watch. His live streams are about 2 hours and in real time, so they move much slower.

On yesterday's live stream he said that he was going to be making a Damascus straight razor in the next 10 days or so.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check him out. I've watched alot videos from talented smiths the last 6 months or so.
I enjoy watching the process come together.

I just realized he's the guy that made the chisel for Samurai Carpenter. I saw his video and meant to look up the maker. That kid's got serious skillz!...and tools and shop. Anything that looks that easy, just ain't!

i like walter sorrels videos, very in depth. though i thoroughly enjoy documentaries so sitting through a 20 minute video is easy for me. he specializes in Japanese style blades, and has make great DIY knife making videos.

Alec's straight razor videos are up. I've only seen part 1 so far, but will be watching part 2 later today.:a14:

i like walter sorrels videos, very in depth. though i thoroughly enjoy documentaries so sitting through a 20 minute video is easy for me. he specializes in Japanese style blades, and has make great DIY knife making videos.
I like his stuff too. Simple to complex, he does it all.

Alec's straight razor videos are up. I've only seen part 1 so far, but will be watching part 2 later today.:a14:
I'll say it again - the kid is GOOD! His videos are highly entertaining and watchable. I wonder if he does his own editing?

Thanks for the info. I watched 4 videos back to back and really enjoyed it. He is fun to watch and the videos are indeed very well put together.

Just watched Alec Steele's Straight razor part 3 where he completes the razor. He ended up with pretty wide bevels especially considering his blade geometry, but I still congratulate him. Good on you Alec.

Wide bevels are common on a makers first razor.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
How the heck did I miss this one. I scheduled a checkup for Monday.

Top Bottom