What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

Forging Videos

For some fast moving well edited forging videos, check out Alec Steele's youtube channel. Most of the vids are about 6 minutes and very easy to watch. His live streams are about 2 hours and in real time, so they move much slower.

On yesterday's live stream he said that he was going to be making a Damascus straight razor in the next 10 days or so.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check him out. I've watched alot videos from talented smiths the last 6 months or so.
I enjoy watching the process come together.

I just realized he's the guy that made the chisel for Samurai Carpenter. I saw his video and meant to look up the maker. That kid's got serious skillz!...and tools and shop. Anything that looks that easy, just ain't!

i like walter sorrels videos, very in depth. though i thoroughly enjoy documentaries so sitting through a 20 minute video is easy for me. he specializes in Japanese style blades, and has make great DIY knife making videos.

Alec's straight razor videos are up. I've only seen part 1 so far, but will be watching part 2 later today.:a14:

i like walter sorrels videos, very in depth. though i thoroughly enjoy documentaries so sitting through a 20 minute video is easy for me. he specializes in Japanese style blades, and has make great DIY knife making videos.
I like his stuff too. Simple to complex, he does it all.

Alec's straight razor videos are up. I've only seen part 1 so far, but will be watching part 2 later today.:a14:
I'll say it again - the kid is GOOD! His videos are highly entertaining and watchable. I wonder if he does his own editing?

Thanks for the info. I watched 4 videos back to back and really enjoyed it. He is fun to watch and the videos are indeed very well put together.

Just watched Alec Steele's Straight razor part 3 where he completes the razor. He ended up with pretty wide bevels especially considering his blade geometry, but I still congratulate him. Good on you Alec.

Wide bevels are common on a makers first razor.

Top Bottom