What's new

Forgetfulness....

So, this morning I had a senior moment and forgot to pack my brush into my gym bag before heading out to work.

I made do by simply lathering with my hands and had a pretty reasonable shave all things considered. Thankfully I use a cream soap daily not a hard soap and my blade was freshly stropped an sharp enough to get by.

Just wondering if anyone has any brilliant Mcgyver like solutions for these types of occasion?

So, this morning I had a senior moment and forgot to pack my brush into my gym bag before heading out to work.

I made do by simply lathering with my hands and had a pretty reasonable shave all things considered. Thankfully I use a cream soap daily not a hard soap and my blade was freshly stropped an sharp enough to get by.

Just wondering if anyone has any brilliant Mcgyver like solutions for these types of occasion?
My other half is always getting me to try shaving hacks. Most are meh... But the one that really works quite well is using hair conditioner instead of shaving cream / soap. It softens and hydrates the bristles and provides good cushion and lubrication when you are shaving. Doesn't need a brush to apply it.

Although I normally shave using a straight razor after lathering with a brush, sometimes I am in a hurry and shave with a cartridge razor in the shower. Trader Joes has a Formula No 3 all in one shampoo, conditioner and body wash. It is extremely slick and provides decent cushion for a shave. Even if you try to rinse it off, it leaves behind a slick layer, so it makes a great pre-shave. Keep a small bottle in your locker or desk drawer and you can use it for your complete shower and shave.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Before I was gifted a synthetic brush by Cal recently, I always travelled without. I used a shave stick, and simply massaged this to a lather with wet fingertips. I have done the same with regular bar soap too. The only real downside is that you have to use the soap each time, instead of the residual lather on the brush.

Improvising without your brush, or even without your shaving soap, is a lot easier than improvising without your blade or razor ;) My suggestion would be to set up a travel wash kit that has everything in that you might need, and that you will never need to use any of the components of at home. That way, you only need to remember one thing. Everything else you need is already in there, whether it's for a shave at the gym before work, or a weekend away.

Here's one I just remembered.

In my late teens at a music camp. Forgot to pack a strop. Picked up some tape and a newspaper from the local shop. Taped cardboard then a sheet of newspaper to a bench and stropped with that. Worked a treat as I remember.

I was much more inventive when I was young.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

I’m 69 years old and can’t remember the last time I forgot something. :wheelchair:

Top Bottom