What's new

Forget Gillette, the Men's Anti Gillette Association

The seven o'clock sharp edges are my favourite blades at the moment, but theres plenty of other blades with extremely similar performance, blades the rapiras and voshkods, also manufactured in Russia. I dont like proctor and gamble trying to guilt trip me for being male and in the process alienating more than half their customer base.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

I’m in. I have always hated Gillette, they invented the marketing strategy of hooking you in to buying the high profit replacement blade buy giving away the razors so to speak. I don’t even understand all the hoopla about their old junk “vintage “ razor mania, new modern razors are a far finer product in every way.
I'll agree to disagree. I get a far better shave with my double edge gillette aristocrat than i have with any modern Gillette cartridge razor!

I just bought a new bottle of old spice white water not realising its Proctor and gamble, my alternative is Brut with the medallion bottle readily available here in South Africa.

I'll agree to disagree. I get a far better shave with my double edge gillette aristocrat than i have with any modern Gillette cartridge razor!

I agree, the modern "chunky" razors have not provided as good a shave as my vintage DE and SE razors. Each to their own, but the only use for modern razors I see is as travel razors as there is no big loss if they re lost, stolen or damaged.

I agree, the modern "chunky" razors have not provided as good a shave as my vintage DE and SE razors. Each to their own, but the only use for modern razors I see is as travel razors as there is no big loss if they re lost, stolen or damaged.
I completely agree, i used a rotary electric shaver from the age of 14 and used to get terrible razor burn, so last year in January my dad let me use his old gillette contour and it was a good razor, got clogged quickly, but i got little irritation. I used it daily until i needed new cartridges and saw the price! So i switched to de six months ago and never looked back. I get even less irritation now, but i have absolutely nothing against cartridge razors, apart from the rediculous cartridge prices. But they definitely have their place for traveling

I don't think the message in the commercial was bad. It could have been better presented. Any real man should have the guts to step in where there is sexual harassment. At least among his friends.

I don't need some faceless company telling me what my values should be or how I should behave and treat others, especially the opposite sex. My parents did that. Procter and Gamble needs to just focus on selling soap and consumer products. In short, take my money and zip it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am in. I think I will use my Schicks as my daily drivers now. In fact I just ordered 2 packs of Schick blades. Forget Gillette!

I prefer vintage razors, and am currently enjoying a Gem Micromatic Open Comb. I bought a Star DE to replace my Tech. I really do not like P&G preaching to it's consumers.

I'm still using my Gillette stock. Was thinking "You know, maybe I'm over reacting; Foamy is inexpensive), then Gillette tries to use social consciousness to sell again.

This last effort wasn't insulting to potential customers, but it starts me thinking: If a company has to tout social consciousness and not the product in its ads, then isn't that saying the product itself isn't all that good?

Noticed Dollar General seems to have their own brand of shaving cream. Need to take a look at it.

I'm still using my Gillette stock. Was thinking "You know, maybe I'm over reacting; Foamy is inexpensive), then Gillette tries to use social consciousness to sell again.

This last effort wasn't insulting to potential customers, but it starts me thinking: If a company has to tout social consciousness and not the product in its ads, then isn't that saying the product itself isn't all that good?

Noticed Dollar General seems to have their own brand of shaving cream. Need to take a look at it.
I thought it was insulting. Why risk alienating any potential customer? Better to play it safe. There are plenty of other people that like my money's shade of green.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Isn't everything about shaving (straight, shavette, safety, ...) against what Gilette stands for? And there is also there painful commercial of course.

I've switched to all Schick injectors for razors. I'm sure P&G won't miss my few dollars a year, but I sure am happier with an injector razor.

I am. That's why I joined this forum & just completed my first month using a DE razor. Although before I completely left Gillette I was mainly using a Schick Hydro 5 & Xtreme 5 Pivot because I liked them better than the Fusions. My only dilemma now is my DE blades. I'm currently using Astra SP's made by Gillette.

Top Bottom